Chapter 3

Several people were still wailing in pain beneath his feet as Shang Yufei stepped over their bodies to reach Bai Yue's side. He cast his eyes down to Bai Yue's wrist, which had just been roughly grabbed. The force wasn't all that strong, but Bai Yue's skin was so fair that even a slight force would leave marks. Now, there was a circle of red on his wrist. Shang Yufei frowned imperceptibly and pulled Bai Yue behind him. His gaze then shifted to Fang Zhenren, his eyes narrowing dangerously, "I gave you a serious heads-up before graduation. Are you itching for a hospital stay with what you're doing now?"

It had been a year since Fang Zhenren last saw Shang Yufei, and the sudden reappearance of this man, along with the chillingly familiar voice, made him shiver. Regardless of being suppressed, not losing face in front of An Yu was his last stand. Rushing forward recklessly wouldn't do him any good, so he decided to gloss over the matter quickly. Trying to sound calm, Fang Zhenren said, "You've got it wrong. I saw some bugs on him and was just trying to help him get them off."

Shang Yufei's smile didn't reach his eyes as he echoed, "Bugs." Fang Zhenren couldn't stand being looked at with that expression and blurted out defiantly, "Yes, bugs. What more do you want? I didn't hurt him. If you're so worried, take him to the hospital for a check-up!"

Shang Yufei's face became expressionless. The alley fell eerily silent, filled only with the pitiful groans of the fallen Alphas. Hearing this, Fang Zhenren's face grew even paler, as if recalling something. His instincts, honed over a long period, screamed that Shang Yufei was about to make a move. He barely managed to assume a defensive stance when the shadow struck instantly. Before he could react, a sharp pain exploded in his abdomen. It felt like time slowed down as the fist mercilessly pierced his gut. He vividly felt every change inside him: ribs breaking, stomach contorting.

Then, like a kite with its string cut, he was sent flying several meters away, without a chance to retaliate. But he was somewhat luckier than his minions; he didn't pass out immediately but lay paralyzed on the ground, unable to get up.

"You, you..." Fang Zhenren struggled to sit up, trying to spit out a threat, but as he uttered the first word, blood gushed from his throat, filling his mouth with a sweet, metallic taste.

Several Omegas hiding behind An Yu were trembling with fear. They had no personal vendetta against Bai Yue, but they couldn't stand seeing someone so popular and yet so aloof. Not to mention, this person had stolen the heartthrob of all Omegas in the school. Shang Yufei, in almost every way, embodied the fantasy of the perfect male protagonist in novels for most Omegas: handsome, roguishly charming, immensely strong, and utterly dismissive of anyone else. In short, he was just—cool.

Though they always hid behind An Yu, echoing his words and chasing after others, deep down, each harbored a secret hope that they might end up as the protagonist. They knew of Shang Yufei's ferocity, but for most, it was just hearsay without any real substance. Thus, this was the first time they had witnessed Shang Yufei in a fight, and from such close quarters at that.

No, it could hardly be called a fight. In a fight, there's supposed to be an exchange of blows, but what they had just witnessed was nothing short of a one-sided mauling.

They weren't fans of Fang Zhenren, who strutted around like a peacock, but at least he and his lackeys always treated them well, so their relationship wasn't that bad.

So, when they saw him being knocked down, heard the sound of breaking bones, and felt the fierce wind as his body flew past them, everyone was disoriented.

An Omega with slightly curled hair couldn't hold back his tears and stammered, "You, you wouldn't hit an Omega, right?"

Shang Yufei glanced at the speaker. The moment those dark green eyes fixed on him, the curly-haired man's heart skipped a beat. Even in such a moment, he couldn't deny how strikingly handsome the other was.