Chapter 58

Bai Yue could clearly feel that Mu Sihan was avoiding him, and this feeling became even more apparent after that night. Aside from interactions between the patrol team and the training sessions, the other party would not initiate a conversation with him. It was as if they had returned to how things were when they first met. However, regardless of how Mu Sihan looked at him, Bai Yue still maintained his usual attitude.

Additionally, after investigating Du Qin's mobile phone, he made some new discoveries. Essentially, the contacts could be ruled out as members of the patrol team or the masked people's organization. The former, being all students, and after Bai Yue joined the patrol team, he discovered that internal communication within the organization was extremely transparent. It was nearly impossible to secretly abuse power for nefarious purposes.

During the time he communicated with the mechanical voice on Liya Star, all members of the patrol team were in the monitoring room, unlikely to have the time to engage in such activities. As for the organization of masked people, although they seemed to be plotting to disrupt the selection process, their actions were solely aimed at the patrol team. The event later ended without any fatalities, which Bai Yue believed was actually thanks to that organization. It was unlikely for them to send out a giant wolf and then sabotage their own plans.

After revisiting Du Qin's email, Bai Yue realized that the contact person was immediately informed about the selection results and was very familiar with the students' situations. This sparked a guess in Bai Yue's mind—could it be a staff member? Perhaps one of the teachers who had accompanied them during the selection day. It could be a counselor from any department, a staff member from the virtual training facility, or a technician from the monitoring room. Compared to ordinary students, staff members would indeed have easier access to move around and investigate student information without raising suspicion.

However, this was merely a guess based on logic; concrete evidence was still needed. Bai Yue looked at his hand, remembering the person who contacted him seemed particularly interested in the S+ grade identity. Due to the urgency of the situation at that time, he had directly rejected them. If this person attempted to contact him again in the future, it might present an opportunity.

Training was in full swing, with the school sports meeting only two weeks away. The training schedule was packed every day to maximize efficiency, and the limited number of members were divided into several small groups. Bai Yue found himself in Group A, while Shang Yufei was in Group B. Shang Yufei seemed dissatisfied with the grouping, and the other members of Group B were visibly trembling, indicating they were not looking forward to spending the next few days with him.

Upon seeing the group assignments, there was a shared sense of empathy among them, except for one person. Mu Sihan, also assigned to Group B, frowned when he saw a familiar name on the list. Although all groups trained in the same venue, they practiced different events. Compared to others, Group B appeared particularly dispirited, making two individuals stand out. These two did not look at each other, but whenever their gazes accidentally met, sparks flew.

After completing his warm-up, Bai Yue happened to witness this scene. Mu Sihan was the first to look away and moved to the corner of the group. Bai Yue, with his arms crossed, wondered why there was such a big conflict between two people who had barely known each other and had hardly spoken. Shang Yufei and Qin Fei seemed to get along well with the team, except for Mu Sihan. Bai Yue shook his head, puzzled.

The members of Group B were unaware that their nightmare was just beginning. The team's coach blew a whistle to start the training, which was designed to be progressively challenging, but Group B faced a nightmare from the start with a running drill. One of the students, confident in his physical education specialty, felt his endurance and explosive power were unmatched.