Chapter 26

The boldness of his words stirred up the anger of Master Fang and Mistress Fang even more. While Master Fang managed to restrain himself, Mistress Fang was on the verge of charging forward.

However, just as they were about to act, they were intercepted by a military officer.

Admiral Lu inquired, "Is this true?"

Bai Yu nodded, "If you don't believe me, you can ask those people at the hospital." He cautioned, "Remember to question them separately, so they can't collude on their answers."

As long as there was intent to deceive, the fabricated lies couldn't be identical. Any discrepancies would prove Bai Yu's words to be true.

Admiral Lu subtly curled the corner of his mouth.

Though he had come because of the man's genetic status, now it seemed that this person was more interesting than he had imagined.

Engaging in conversation with him displayed neither timidity like other students nor arrogance; facing scrutiny with clear reasoning, he didn't let anger cloud his judgment. He was a promising candidate worth nurturing.He turned to his subordinate and said, "Go to the hospital later."The soldier replied, "Yes, sir."Mistress Fang became somewhat flustered, "M-My child is still in the hospital. If you suddenly go there, even if he wants to tell the truth, he might be too scared to speak!"The soldier reassured her, "No need to worry. Based on my experience, humans are more likely to speak the truth when they're afraid."Upon hearing this, Mistress Fang gasped, almost fainting.Master Fang's expression darkened, "But regardless, it's my son who's currently in the hospital. He shouldn't..."Admiral Lu intervened, "I understand your feelings. We will judge based on the facts. If Bai Yu indeed committed any violations, we will consider whether to revoke his qualification to become a soldier, bearing our responsibility to the military in mind."He raised his hand, resting it on Captain Fang's shoulder, and smiled faintly, "Please rest assured."

The force on his shoulder wasn't particularly strong, but Captain Fang felt an overwhelming weight upon him. Staring into Admiral Lu's inscrutable gaze, he couldn't help but shiver, his spine chilling as cold sweat dripped down his body, daring not to say another word.

"Y-Yes."

"Oh, by the way, you said you're a captain?" Admiral Lu suddenly asked.

For some reason, Captain Fang felt even more flustered by this question. He felt as if neither agreeing nor disagreeing was the right response.

However, despite using a question, Admiral Lu didn't wait for an answer. He brushed the dust off the man's shoulder, "I heard that there's serious misconduct and corruption within the Luo City Legion, with many middle-ranking officers lining their pockets. The inspection committee dispatched by the military should be arriving in the next few days."

He chuckled lightly, faint laughter lines appearing at the corners of his eyes, "I hope, Captain, you're not one of them."

Captain Fang's face drained of color. He involuntarily took a step back, landing heavily on the ground.

As a housewife, Mistress Fang never interfered in her husband's work, but even she could tell from these words that it was not good news, her face pale as a sheet.

Admiral Lu didn't spare them another glance, turning his gaze to Bai Yu.

"Well then, we'll wait for your contact."

The principal, seeing the situation taking a turn, didn't have time to dwell on it. He hurried to catch up with Admiral Lu and see them off.

Bai Yu stood in place, watching them leave. The blank paper was still clenched in his hand, which he tucked back into his pocket.