Chapter 49

Several hours later, the airship landed on a desolate stretch of land.

Lia Star was located in a remote area, with flights coming only once every three days. This meant that if they wanted to return to Di Yi Comprehensive Military Academy, they would have to wait at least three days.

However, although the search for the energy crystal seemed not particularly dangerous, it was expected to be time-consuming. Even with seventy to eighty people, finding a clue within three days was not guaranteed.

The students, following the crowd, walked out of the skyport. Gazing upon this unfamiliar city, they fell into deep thought.

"Lia Star."

The bearded man grabbed his hair in frustration, "Such a vast place, how do we even start looking!"

Due to their collaboration during the preliminary selection, the other three naturally gathered around Bai Yue.

Cao Xun said, "The mission details list possible areas of appearance. But even so, the area is too large."

Bai Yue looked at his phone, which had a map of Lia Star downloaded in advance.

He had been studying it on the airship.

Combining the characteristics of the energy crystal with the intelligence provided by the mission details, he was able to narrow down a few areas.

And the intersection point of all these areas was the same city.

City K.

"Let's head to City K first," he suggested.

After Bai Yue spoke, the others had no objections.

Cao Xun hurriedly said, "I'll check the transportation and we can set off immediately."

The city where the airship landed was the capital of Lia Star, a considerable distance from City K. Despite having just endured a long interstellar journey, no one suggested taking a rest in order to complete the mission as quickly as possible.

The other three went to hail a vehicle.

Bai Yue noticed Mu Sihan also stepping forward and asked, "What's wrong?"

Mu Si Han paused, turning his head to look back, his face betraying no emotion.

"When you mentioned City K just now, you seemed to have a peculiar expression," Bai Yue said with a smile. "Going there is just one possibility. Do you have any other thoughts?"

Mu Si Han was silent.

He turned his head away: "It's unrelated to this matter."

Unrelated?

Although it was somewhat strange, Bai Yue saw that the other party did not wish to elaborate further and did not press on.

Half an hour later, they boarded the hovercar, speeding directly towards City K from the capital.

Since this mission required them to act as members of the patrol team, necessitating cooperation, Bai Yue shared the intelligence he had gathered with the group.

Besides City K, another location was deemed suspicious. Thus, the students split into two groups, heading towards their respective destinations.

Several hours later, as the sun set in the west, the sky gradually darkened, becoming dim and murky.

First by airship, then by hovercar. After a day's journey, the students finally arrived in City K.

But as soon as they disembarked, they were stunned by the desolate and dilapidated scene before them.