Chapter 24

*Bai Yue...*

*Bai Yue?*

People in the crowd, after a brief moment of stillness, descended into agitation.

At Luo Hua Academy, Bai Yue's name was known to all. Unlike Du Qin, his fame didn't stem from personal prowess but from his exceptionally striking appearance.

To Alphas and a certain faction of Betas, Bai Yue was the epitome of their romantic ideals. Handsome and gentle, he was the sought-after partner in dreams.

Yet, to Omegas and another segment of Betas, Bai Yue was merely a pretty face without substance.

Another pretty face, An Yu, at least had a B-grade, but what about Bai Yue? The fact that no one knew hinted that his genetic ranking wasn't something to boast about.

It could be a C-grade, or even a D-grade.

So how could an unremarkable Omega attract the personal visit of the principal and the general of the Imperial Comprehensive Military Academy?

There was inner perplexity among the crowd.

The smile on Du Qin's face was on the verge of collapsing. The people behind him thought the principal had come for him and followed suit, but General Lu, instead, asked for another's name in his presence.

However, the inner turmoil was concealed behind Du Qin's glasses.

He adjusted them slightly. "Are you referring to Bai Yue from the third grade? He's my classmate, and he should be in the principal's office now."

General Lu smiled and asked, "If it's convenient, could you show me the way?"

Du Qin was about to nod, but his friend beside him couldn't wait to interject, "General, why are you looking for an Omega? Aren't you here to find A-grade graduates?"

Upon hearing this, General Lu didn't react much. Instead, a few of his subordinates behind him smirked, their intentions unclear.

Perhaps that smile wasn't malicious, but to Du Qin, it felt glaringly offensive.

"Do you have A grades?" General Lu looked at Du Qin.

Du Qin hesitated for a moment. "Yes."

General Lu nodded, "Congratulations. I hope you'll also become a student at our military academy in the future."

With those words, the air seemed to freeze.

Although it was a congratulatory remark, the implication was evident. General Lu didn't even know who he was, so it wasn't because of him that he came.

At this moment, Du Qin wished he could strangle his friend behind him. If he hadn't been trying to show off and said those words just now, he wouldn't be facing this embarrassing situation now.

However, this kind of emotion couldn't be vented in front of General Lu. He could only stiffen his neck and nod.

Just then, a loud voice came from not far away.

"General Lu, sorry for the late greeting!"

Approaching them was the principal of Luo Hua Academy. He was somewhat chubby, with a big belly, and his hurried gait resembled that of a penguin. The homeroom teacher of Class 3 also followed behind him, along with a pair of unfamiliar men and women.

The principal was sweating profusely, wiping the sweat from his forehead. "Sorry for keeping you waiting. Come, please come inside!"

General Lu replied, "No, it's my sudden visit. I came hastily without prior notice."