Chapter 15

Fang Zhenren felt that Bai Yue was truly someone who didn't appreciate kindness. Despite his repeated patience, he had been ready to let him off the hook, yet he dared to act recklessly towards him.

Squad leader Du Qin couldn't help but shake his head, feeling reluctant to see the two causing trouble in the classroom. If possible, he hoped they could leave, otherwise the head teacher would blame him for poor supervision.

Just as he was about to mediate once again, a chubby figure suddenly burst in.

"Bai Yue, latest news! An Yu—!" The excited shout halted abruptly as Li Reng, holding up his phone, froze upon seeing the tense confrontation in the classroom. He realized it wasn't the right moment to enter.

Originally, Fang Zhenren was still confronting Bai Yue, but upon hearing An Yu's name, he glanced towards Li Reng.

Caught off guard, Li Reng quickly stashed his phone away, claiming ignorance. However, his actions only made things worse, prompting Fang Zhenren to signal to his underling. Understanding immediately, the underling swiftly snatched something from Li Reng's hand.

Trembling with fear, Li Reng dared not resist.

Fang Zhenren took what was grabbed and glanced at its contents. As he read, his face turned ashen. He raised his hand, about to slam the phone to the ground.

But before he could, his arm was caught. Though the grip wasn't strong, it effectively stopped his movement.

"If you want to vent, use your own phone," Bai Yue remarked coolly.

Fang Zhenren glared at the figure before him, his breath heavy with every exhale, each one a release of pent-up anger.

"Fang Ge!" One of his cronies spotted a figure passing by in the corridor and hurriedly said, "An Yu just walked past!"

Fang Zhenren's attention was diverted. He released his grip on the phone and jabbed his index finger forcefully at Bai Yue. "You, have some guts."

With that, he turned around and walked out of the classroom without looking back.

The standoff ended with a bit of a scare but no harm done.

All the students present breathed a sigh of relief. Deep down, they admired Bai Yue's courage, wondering where he found the audacity to challenge the unpredictable Fang Zhenren.

Even with the squad leader present, if they hadn't intervened in time, they might have received a punch. That would have shattered their image of "goddess", something they least wanted to see.

Du Qin also wiped some sweat off his brow discreetly. If Fang Zhenren had dared to beat someone in front of everyone, even he wouldn't have been able to help cover it up.

Moreover, Bai Yue's earlier reaction was intriguing. It was too swift, not typical of a low-level Omega.

Li Reng, on the other hand, didn't care much. He rushed over to hug Bai Yue, crying out, "Thank you for saving my phone! But please don't do this again in the future. Phones can be replaced, but life can't!"

Bai Yue handed the phone back. "What's on it?"

"Nothing, I was just browsing our school forum," Li Reng said, feeling aggrieved.

He stole a glance at Du Qin.

Du Qin, sensing that the conversation might be private, wasn't interested anyway. He nodded slightly and stepped aside.

Li Reng then whispered, "I heard An Yu's estrous period is coming."

Recalling their conversation from earlier that morning, Bai Yue shook his head. "You always exaggerate."