Chapter 7

The morning passed in the hospital, and by the time Bai Yue reached the school, the morning classes were almost over. However, the subject teacher didn't comment on his late arrival and instead expressed concern, suggesting he could go home early if he wasn't feeling well.

In theory, Bai Yue's health should have improved. After all, an Alpha's physique is generally more robust than that of an Omega. However, he couldn't voice such sentiments and merely smiled politely.

After classes, Bai Yue intended to rest his head on the desk for a while. However, it didn't take long for him to feel an overwhelmingly heated gaze from all around. While such glances were not uncommon, today it felt more blatant than ever.

He raised his head, and his classmates, as if on cue, averted their gazes, feigning busyness. Yet, whenever he shifted his attention away, they discreetly stole glances at him.

Due to the recent secondary differentiation, Bai Yue felt somewhat uneasy, fearing that others had figured out his transition into an Alpha. There shouldn't be any visible changes in his appearance, so could it be the pheromones?

Contemplating this, Bai Yue lowered his head, sniffing at his sleeve, but detected nothing unusual.

At that moment, someone nearby shouted, "Stop staring, it's not time for a bathroom break during class, why are you looking around!"

Bai Yue looked over, seeing Li Ren vigorously waving his hands to ward off the curious gazes of others.

While some students, with thinner skin, left the classroom after hearing Li Ren's words, there were still those who remained seated, responding sarcastically.

"Can't we even look? The classroom is so big, who cares where I'm looking?"

The speaker was the Omega who had been with An Yu's group yesterday. Although he had taken a beating, he hadn't suffered any real harm, and the one truly afraid was not present, so he still felt confident.

Li Ren retorted, "Fine, you can look at him, and I'll keep my eyes on you!"

With that said, he glared back at the Omega.

Initially finding it amusing, the Omega felt uncomfortable when Li Ren's gaze lingered on him for a moment. He finally turned his head away indignantly.

Before Li Ren could declare victory, another Omega stood up.

It was An Yu.

He had skipped class yesterday afternoon but had obediently come to school today.

An Yu's Omega friends, thinking he wanted to confront someone, also stood up. The group marched assertively to Bai Yue's desk.

Li Ren became somewhat hesitant, "What... what do you guys want? This is the classroom, and the teacher and classmates are watching."

Bai Yue, who had been in a daze, felt a shadow cast over his head and looked up.

An Yu, with a stern face, asked, "Did you go to the hospital this morning?"

Bai Yue didn't understand the meaning behind the question and saw no reason to conceal it. He nodded.

"Hmph!"

An Yu's expression grew even more unpleasant. He turned and walked out of the classroom.

The Omegas who followed An Yu, thinking he was preparing for a major confrontation, exchanged glances when he left so easily. Seeing the "little princess" about to walk away, they quickly followed.

Bai Yue knew that An Yu disliked him and understood the reasons for that dislike. However, the reason for today's confrontation was unclear.

He looked at Li Ren, "What's wrong with him?"