Chapter 18

The sky grew darker, and night fell upon them. A few dim stars hung in the sky, scattered and meager.

Beneath lay an expanse of emptiness. More precisely, it was an abandoned amusement park, with only a solitary slide standing in the center.

This place had a history of nearly twenty years. In its early days, many children used to come here to play. Apart from the slide, there used to be swings, seesaws, sand pits, and more.

But over the years, the children grew up, and the place became old and dilapidated. Compared to the increasingly advanced entertainment facilities elsewhere, it had lost all its allure, and hardly any children came here anymore.

However, after a long absence, a dark figure approached.

Shang Yufei crossed over the fence, gazing at the silent expanse. Before this, he had searched every possible place Bai Yue could be. If she wasn't here either, he would have to consider calling the police.

The empty space wasn't large, and he could see every corner at a glance—no one was there. Yet Shang Yufei didn't leave. Instead, he approached, stooping down.

He looked towards the entrance of the slide.

The entrance resembled a mushroom-shaped hut, with a relatively spacious interior.

Sure enough, inside, he spotted a familiar figure.

The person was curled up, knees drawn close, forehead resting on them, silent.

When Shang Yufei entered, he didn't consciously control his movements, so his volume wasn't exactly low. Bai Yue must have heard him, but still didn't respond.

Although the mushroom hut had some space, it was a bit cramped for two men to squeeze in.

Shang Yufei crouched outside, gripping the hut's roof. "Hey, it's time to go back."

Bai Yue finally reacted slightly. Still with his head buried between his arms, he turned his head slightly, revealing only one pale gray eye.

"Are you here to break up with me?"

"Huh? What nonsense are you talking about?"

Bai Yue buried his head again. "You already know, don't you?"

Shang Yufei fell silent.

If this afternoon—when Bai's mother had just told him the news—he was still half in disbelief, thinking it might be a mistake in the notification.

But when he smelled the pheromones in the classroom, those unmistakably Alpha scents, he had to believe the truth.

He simply sat down, leaning against the outer wall of the mushroom hut. "Hmm, I know."

He furrowed his brow. "You avoided me earlier because of this?"

At his words, Bai Yue lifted his head slightly, fingers tightly gripping his hairline, trying hard not to show his emotions. "I didn't want you to know."

"Why?" Shang Yufei remembered Bai Yue's words earlier and smirked. "Do you think I care about such trivial matters? Let me tell you, I won't break up with you. And you're not allowed to..."

"Because of things like this."

"..."

Bai Yue closed his eyes. "That's why it's not trivial."

Shang Yufei wanted to say something more. At that moment, however, he heard rustling behind him. Bai Yue emerged from the mushroom hut, half-crouching in front of him.

The usual smile was gone from his face, his eyes slightly reddened. "You can say that now only because you haven't noticed any changes."

Bai Yue clenched his fists. "Later, my appearance, my physique, will all lean towards the Alpha direction, becoming stronger and taller."