Chapter 44

The day of Monday's selection was fast approaching. Following the previous notice, Bai Yu arrived at the assembly room.

As soon as he opened the door, he saw that it was already full of people. Standing at the platform, Instructor Song saw him and smiled gently, "Classmate, feel free to take a seat."

There were about thirty people present. If each class elected one person, there were still about ten absentees.

Among the crowd, Bai Yu immediately spotted Du Qin's figure. Although they weren't in the same class, it seemed that Du Qin had also chosen the Comprehensive Military Academy.

He didn't approach but instead sat in a corner.

There were still 10 minutes left until the gathering time indicated on the notice, so the students were all doing their own things and not engaging in conversation.

After Bai Yu came in, quite a few people sneakily turned their heads to look at him. But once their eyes met his, they blushed and quickly turned away.

Bai Yu didn't mind and took out his phone.

The messages exchanged with Shang Yufei were still stuck on the last one he sent last week.

Bai Yu: "..."

He hadn't told Shang Yufei about the selection yet. Their relationship was currently strained, and even if he did tell him, it would likely be met with opposition.

So, he could only wait until he officially entered the Patrol Team based on his own merits—then, perhaps, Shang Yufei would change his opinion of him.

Probably.

Due to the last failed communication, Bai Yu wasn't too sure.

Just then, someone sat down beside him. Bai Yu turned his head and found it was his roommate.

He was slightly surprised. He had also told Mu Sihan about participating in the selection, but at that time, Mu Sihan didn't say anything.

Mu Sihan noticed his gaze and looked over, "What are you looking at?"

Bai Yu snapped out of it, "No, I just didn't expect you to be here too. Why didn't you say anything before?"

Actually, it wasn't too surprising. Mu Sihan was strong, and the teachers wouldn't overlook that.

Mu Sihan withdrew his gaze, "No need, what needs to be known will be known."

This seems to match Mu Sihan's temperament; he's probably just too lazy to bother speaking up.

Bai Yu smiled and didn't say anything more.

Soon, all fifty people were present. The first year of the Comprehensive Military Academy had a total of fifty classes, and the cream of the crop from each class had gathered here.

Instructor Song glanced at the time, then put down his hand with a smile, "Looks like everyone's here."

At his words, everyone looked up towards the center of the platform.

Although Instructor Song was an alpha, he wasn't particularly tall, but he had a refined demeanor.

He held a stack of documents in his hand, "I'll be assisting in this selection process. I've already submitted everyone's information to the Patrol Team in advance. Next, I'll be taking everyone to the assembly point. There, along with our academy, students from two other academies will also be present. I hope everyone can get along."

Get along?

Most people, upon hearing this, showed disdain.

With a limited number of spots available for selection, everyone was a competitor. To secure their own selection, they would have to outshine others and climb to the top. Though the specific assessment criteria were still unclear, the idea of getting along... seemed unlikely.