Chapter 37

After Bai Yu left the room, he put on the coat he had just taken out. Up until then, the only alphas he had interacted with were Shang Yufei and his younger brother. Even though there had been a second differentiation, he still felt somewhat uncomfortable.

By now, the sky had completely darkened. Night had fallen, with a gentle silver moon hanging in the sky, casting soft light.

He took out his phone, preparing to try contacting Shang Yufei again. However, upon opening the messages, he found that the text he had sent in the afternoon still showed as unread.

Bai Yu remembered Shang Yufei mentioning something about make-up exams. Although he wasn't sure of the specific time, could it be that they hadn't finished yet?

Suddenly, his phone chimed with a video call request. Bai Yu clicked to accept, and the screen displayed his brother's face. His eyes seemed slightly swollen, as if he had been bitten by mosquitoes.

Putting on his earphones, Bai Yu asked, "What happened to your eyes?"

Bai's brother hesitated for a moment, then threw the phone aside.

After a moment of dizziness, the image that reappeared was of their father.

Then, there was a loud sound of a door closing in the background. Probably their brother, feeling some sort of disturbance, had rushed back to his room in a huff.

"This child insisted on calling you," sighed their father, looking back at the screen. "How's everything coming along now?"

Bai Yu replied, "Almost done. There's another exam tomorrow." Then he asked, "Where's mom?"

"She's still busy in the kitchen. Hold on, I'll call her over," his father said.

His mother's voice came through the phone. After some small talk, she expressed her desire to see what the school looked like.

At that, Bai Yu smiled, "Have my brother come down, and I'll show you both." He then switched the phone's camera to show the courtyard's panorama.

At night, apart from a few scattered examinees near the dormitory, there weren't many people to be seen. At this moment, those gathering for dinner were still doing so, while those nervous about tomorrow's test had already gone to bed early.

Bai Yu: "The Emperor One uniform looks really nice. Saw many students wearing it this afternoon. Too bad I forgot to take pictures for you guys."

Bai's mother chuckled, covering her mouth. "What's the point of taking pictures of them? When you put on the uniform, we'll take plenty for your parents to see."

Bai Yu walked around the school courtyard, chatting with his parents for a while, about to end the video call when he heard his younger brother's voice from the background.

"Bro, why is it so noisy over there?"

Although Bai Yiyan hadn't been on screen since then, at least he had obediently stayed put.

Hearing his brother's words, Bai Yu was puzzled for a moment before taking off his earphones.

Sure enough, he heard a commotion, like many chaotic footsteps and voices mixed together. Turning around, he still didn't see many people.

"Don't run!"

"Stop right there!"

The voices grew louder and clearer, approaching this way.

Then, a shadow loomed overhead.

Bai Yu looked up and realized someone had leaped directly over his head.