Chapter 60

After the warm-up match ended, the training camp came to a successful conclusion. With one day left before the official competition, the coach instructed everyone to take this day to rest well in order to welcome the inter-school sports meet in the best possible condition. The next afternoon, Emperor one Comprehensive Military School welcomed a large number of students. Athletes could arrive a day early to familiarize themselves with the environment. 

This was a rare sight. Apart from the entrance exams, Bai Yue saw so many students from other schools for the first time. Compared to the green students who had just graduated from high school at that time, most of the participants in this competition were upperclassmen, whose physique and temperament were no less than the students of Emperor one. 

Moreover, since they had also been to Emperor one before, they did not exclaim at the scenery inside Emperor one like the examinees during the entrance exams.

Bai Yue, as a member of the patrol team, also took on the role of guiding. The athletes' accommodations were in temporary dormitories on the outskirts, with four people per room. The arrival times of the schools varied. 

When Bai Yue sent away a few groups of people and was walking towards a hover car again, he heard a familiar voice. "Bai Yue!" An omega with curly hair jumped down from the car. Bai Yue was slightly stunned and then smiled: "Lu Ke." Since they parted after the last entrance exam, the two had only communicated occasionally and had not seen each other for a long time. 

"I am in charge of the logistics for Dark Flag Military School this time, so I came over early," Lu Ke said with a chuckle. Dark Flag Military School was the last to arrive. After sending them off, Bai Yue's work for the day was concluded.

Before leaving, Lu Ke grabbed his hand and said, "Bai Yue, it’s been so long since we’ve seen each other, let's have dinner together tonight!" Bai Yue thought for a moment and asked, "Is it okay if there’s one more person?" 

Lu Ke liked socializing—as long as the person was an omega or an alpha like Bai Yue, he was happy to make friends. Just as he was about to agree, he suddenly saw someone standing not far away. Under the night sky, the person's neat black short hair almost blended into the darkness. The sharp lines of his face and his handsome appearance naturally attracted everyone's attention. 

——Clearly, in terms of physique or appearance, that person was an alpha to the core. When their eyes met the emerald green of the other's, Lu Ke's face turned red and he hid behind Bai Yue: "Why is that alpha staring at us?"

Bai Yue turned around and saw that Shang Yufei had arrived, a few minutes earlier than agreed. He waved to the other party, who lifted his chin and walked over. Bai Yue said to Lu Ke, "We'll have dinner together tonight, let’s go…" Before he could finish speaking, he saw that Lu Ke had already moved away: "I... I'd better not!" Although Lu Ke was no longer as resistant to alphas as before, thanks to Bai Yue, it was limited to non-aggressive alphas. Just making eye contact with this kind made his legs go weak! The journey to overcoming his dislike for alphas was long and arduous. The revolution had not yet succeeded, and comrades still needed to strive. He retreated to the temporary dormitory.

Bai Yue watched Lu Ke's figure disappear. Footsteps came from behind, along with a question tinged with aggression: "Who was that?" Bai Yue turned around and saw Shang Yufei frowning deeply. "His name is Lu Ke," Bai Yue briefly introduced. Hearing the response, Shang Yufei lowered his head. He glanced at Bai Yue's palm, then suddenly grabbed it and started walking out. Bai Yue was caught off guard and stumbled. It was already late, but there were still scattered military school students around, posing a risk of being seen. He tried to withdraw his hand, but it was gripped even tighter. "…This is outside," Bai Yue reminded. Shang Yufei did not look at him. But finally, he let go of his hand, still with a hint of displeasure in his tone: "He just held your hand too." He? Was he referring to Lu Ke? Perhaps because of the joy of reunion, Lu Ke indeed acted very excited. However, such a level of contact... Bai Yue understood: "Are you jealous?" Shang Yufei huffed softly, without speaking. This reaction seemed somewhat cute to Bai Yue. However, when they were at Luohua Academy, his contact with Li Ren would only have been more frequent, not less. Now, Shang Yufei's reaction was so strong because he had undergone secondary differentiation into an alpha? He raised his hand, gently touched Shang Yufei's arm: "If you mind, I'll be more mindful of the distance in the future. However..." Bai Yue continued, "Although I'm now an alpha, my orientation hasn't changed." Hearing this, Shang Yufei suddenly looked at him. His expression was complicated, as if he wanted to ask something but found it difficult to speak. "To fall for an omega..." Bai Yue smiled, "unless you also undergo a second differentiation."