003. amara's favorite food

"Yo." Dean walks into the library with two beers. "Don't suppose you got a 20 on the darkness."

"Uh, well, I thought I had something earlier. Half a town flipped their gourds and started attacking people." Sam says, taking a beer. "But it turns out they'd eaten rabid possum meat."

"Okay, they do realize that possum is a giant rat, right?" Dean asks.

"It's a marsupial." Sam corrects.

"Huh?"

"Not the point. Check this out." Sam turns the laptop to Dean. "Um, a couple was axe murdered in Fall Rivers, Massachusetts at, wait for it, the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast museum."

"A B&B and a museum. Yeah, that doesn't sound like a tourist trap at all." Dean says.

"I mean, the thing is the inn was Lizzie Borden's actual house. In 1892, she hacked up her mom and stepdad there. Or allegedly hacked them up. She was acquitted and spent the rest of her days in Fall Rivers hounded and persecuted by the townspeople."

"So you're thinking revenge killing?" Dean asks and Sam shrugs. "Why now? It was probably some psycho fan who's seen too many slasher flicks."

"Could be, but the inn was locked up. No signs of entry or exit. Half a dozen guests. None of whom saw or heard any intruders." Sam says.

"Well, maybe the intruder was actually competent. Wait a minute. I know what this is. This has something to do with your freaky fetish for serial killers."

"It's not a fetish."

"Oh, please. I bet you and Rissa roleplay serial killers all the time in the bedroom... or the car."

"Shut up, Dean." Sam rolls his eyes.

"Ew." The twins grimace.

"You've always wanted to see that house." Dean tells Sam.

"Dean, two people are dead." Sam says, looking up. "In Lizzie Borden's home, we got no leads on Amara, I say we check this out." Sam shuts his laptop and stands up. "Besides, the entire Borden clan is buried in Fall Rivers -- including Lizzie."

"What do you want to do about Cas?" Dean asks.

"Oh, he's knee deep binge watching The Wire. Just started season 2." Sam says.

"Oh, he's not coming out any time soon. All right." Dean says.

+++

"So, I guess now Lizzie Borden has her own doll." Sam says as they walk around inside the lobby of the museum and B&B. Sam is holding Athena, the girl's head on his shoulder as she sleeps.

The teenagers and Billy walk around, looking at all the stuff. Jacob keeps his kids' hands in his, making sure they don't touch anything.

"Yeah, went a little overboard on the crazy eyes." Dean says.

"No, it's absolutely not a crime scene anymore." Their attention goes to the innkeeper who is on the phone. "The room's been cleaned and you're not even on the same floor. There's no reason to cancel." He sighs and hangs the phone up.

"People still freaked out about the murders, huh?" Dean asks.

"Some find it exciting. Can I help you guys?" Mason asks.

"Yeah. We'd read about the tragedy and I'm a bit of a history buff. I just wanted to ask, do you think the killings had anything to do with Lizzie Borden? I mean, her ghost or whatever?" Sam asks.

"Probably some crazed fan broke in, right?" Dean asks.

"These are great questions, guys. Ones we usually answer for our paying guests." Mason says.