033. tight fit

"What's up, Beautiful Mind?" Dean asks Sam who sits at the map table with research all around.

"Guess I just figured we can't exactly track Dagon, so I've been reading up on Nephilim, trying to figure out how much time we have before--"

"Lil Lucifer pops?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. Okay, so we know Kelly got pregnant sometime in early December. According to the lore, Nephilim don't need 9 months to get to full term, so I think she will be giving birth around May 18th." Sam states. "Which means--"

"We have less than a month to find her." Dean says.

"Yeah, and exactly no idea where to start." Sam says.

"Okay, but even if we do find her, what then?" Dean asks.

"I don't know. I mean, I-I--" The bunker door opens, Cas walking in. "Cas."

"Hello." The angel greets.

"Hey. You're all right. Um... where have you been?" Sam asks.

"Let me rephrase that for Sam." Dean says. "Where the hell have you been? And why have you ignored our phone calls?" He asks.

"Where I was, the-- the reception was, uh, poor." Cas says.

"No bars? No bars. That's his excuse. Wow." Dean says.

"I was in Heaven. I was working with the angels. When I saw Dagon had captured Kelly, I-I thought they could help." Cas says.

"And?" Sam asks.

"Nothing." Cas states.

"Well, at least you're back. We're glad you're back." Sam says.

"Really? No, I'm sorry. Okay, cause while you were striking out in Heaven, we had a shot at Dagon, and we lost." Dean informs.

"I know. I received your messages." Cas says.

"Oh, you did-- you did receive the messages? Okay, that's good." Dean says.

"Dean." Cas tries.

"So not only were you ditching us, but you were also ignoring us? That's great. Cause we really could've used the backup. But, uh, you were too busy with, um, what was it? Nothing?"

"Dean, I--"

"What the hell is wrong with you, man? You know, whatever. That's--" Dean chuckles humorlessly. "Yeah. Welcome back." He leaves.

+++

Dean is packing and Ophelia, Nathan, Evie, Billy, and Daphne are sitting at the table and Sam is pacing while trying to call Cas who snuck out. Sam sighs, ending the call.

"Let me guess -- no answer." Dean says.

"I mean, how did Cas even get the colt out of the safe in the first place?" Sam asks. Dean looks down, earning looks from his family. "Dean, you-- you put the colt in the safe, right? Dean?"

"It was under my pillow. It-- I like to keep it close." Dean says. "He came into my room and he played me."

"Yeah, cause you're a fucking idiot." Billy rolls his eyes. ""I like it close."" He mocks. "You want valuable things locked away, dumbass."

"Well, I say we find him and we kick his feathered ass." Dean says.

"Dean, Cas wouldn't have taken the colt if he wasn't going up against something big." Sam defends.

"Okay, I say we find him, figure out what's going on, and then we kick his feathered ass." Dean says.

"Whose ass are you kicking?" They all turn to see Libby.