051. psycho donatello

They're in the kitchen and Libby is forcing down some of the food that Sam made despite her not really being hungry.

Larissa walks in and is holding Athena's hand, the young girl freezing when she spots her sister.

"This is the surprise?" Athena looks up at her mom.

"Mm-hmm." Larissa nods, smiling.

"Ellie!" Athena grins, racing over.

"Athy!" Libby copies her excited tone, letting the little girl crash into her.

Everybody else in the kitchen freezes as they watch Libby willingly embrace the toddler.

"We... should we get her tested for possession?" Sam quietly asks.

"Uh... that or something else." Larissa says.

"Maybe she's just sick... or delirious." Ophelia comments. "I mean, she... she feels human, so... not a monster... I think."

"Maybe just... test her anyway." Nathan says.

"We do remember that she literally died for Athena, right?" Daphne questions.

"Yeah, I think she's less reluctant to show she does care by now." Evie says.

"I wanna show you my new stuffed animals." Athena says, grabbing Libby's hand.

"I-- oh, okay." Libby says.

"Wait, you-- you didn't finish your food." Sam points out.

"Oh, yeah, uh... that's all I can get down. Sorry." Libby says, letting Athena drag her out.

Sam lets out a quiet sigh as he looks over at the still mostly full plate.

"Hey." Larissa nudges his arm. "It's been months. It's gonna take her some time to build up her appetite."

"Yeah. Yeah, I know." Sam mumbles. "Just feel like there's something else going on."

"Like what?" Larissa asks.

"I don't know. Something that hurt her that she doesn't want to face. Or just... something else could be wrong with her aside from PTSD. I don't know." Sam heavily sighs.

"I'm sure she'll come to you. Maybe she's just gotta work through some of it on her own." Larissa says.

"Yeah." Sam mumbles.

+++

"Don't you think you should, uh, take it a little easy on the nitrates?" Sam asks Dean who pulls a plate full of bacon towards him.

"Dude, if bacon's what kills me, then I win." Dean says before Cas walks in.

"We all win if anything kills you." Larissa remarks.

"Cas, hey. How's Donatello?" Sam asks.

"He says he's making progress, but we still need archangel grace. We should be out looking for Lucifer." Cas says.

"We are." Sam says.

"Yay." Libby mumbles.

"Look, we got word out to every hunter we know, okay? If they see anything Satan-y... they'll drop a dime." Dean assures.

Libby rubs the back of her neck, the mere mention of the archangel making her uncomfortable.

"And Michael? If he succeeds in getting to our world first?" Cas asks.

"Cas, look, right now, our best defense is a good offense." Sam says.

"We'll give Donatello everything he needs to open that gate, then we stealth in, we get mom, we get Billy, we get Jack, boom. Family reunion. It's just gonna take some time." Dean says.