017. worst day

Toni chained Sam back up to the chair and he eventually wakes up.

"You'll have to admit, it was fun while it lasted." Toni says.

"What did you do to me?" Sam asks.

"A hallucination created by potion and powerful spell work. So... was it good for you? Hm. Sadly, I can't do the spell again. Your brain would liquefy, which we don't want. Yet. So... I'll have to resort to less... pleasant methods." She picks up a knife and pair of pliers.

"Enhanced interrogation was never part of my job description." Toni says. "But as it turns out... I'm a quick study." She plunges the knife into Sam.

"But why hurt one of you... when I could hurt him?" Toni looks at Nathan. "Surely that would get one of you to talk. Or get him to open his mouth."

Toni stands in front of Nathan with the pliers in hand. She grabs his hand, trying to flatten his hand which is clenched into a fist.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"If you cooperate, this could go a lot easier." Toni says.

Nathan spits in her face.

Toni gets a handkerchief out of her pocket and wipes her face. She flashes Nathan a quick smile before punching him in the face hard. He yells out in pain as Toni manages to get his hand, lying his fingers out.

She holds onto one of his fingers and uses the pliers, slowly taking his nail off.

"No, no, no! Ah!" Nathan cries out in pain. His other hand clenches tightly, his eyes squeezed shut.

"Stop it! Let him go!" Sam yells.

"Let him go!" Jacob roars, fighting against the restraints.

Toni lets the nail drop to the floor before doing the next one. Nathan throws his head back, using everything in him to not give in.

Not much later, Toni took the five fingernails off.

"Nothing?" Toni asks the boy who is panting, but he only glares at her in response. She sighs.

+++

Toni has cut and stabbed the siblings quite a few times to torture them, but neither have cracked.

"I meant to ask... did you enjoy your hallucination earlier?" Toni asks. Billy just glares at her. "I'm assuming -- given from what I've read -- at least one person you saw must've been... hmm? What was her name? Alexa Morgan?"

"How would you get to assume what I saw?" Billy asks.

"Well... I know that you were groomed when you were 15. The teacher went to jail for it. Died months later." Toni says. "I know it was you."

"How the fuck would you know?"

"I did my research."

"There's no way. My name wasn't in the fucking paper. Protection of a minor." Billy says.

"What? Wait, that... that was you?" Daphne asks. Billy glances at her, his eyes falling shut as he mentally curses himself.

"Oh. Baby sister didn't know?" Toni questions. "Well, she has to know about the two suicide attempts."

"Two?" Daphne asks.

"Oh. Apparently not." Toni smirks.

"But you... you just took the pills before-- b-before senior year started." Daphne says.

"Daffy, that..." Billy sighs. "It wasn't the first time." He quietly tells her. He can practically see the moment her heart breaks and she slowly looks away, a confused but broken look in her eyes.