024. captivity

The five hunters -- all in gray jumpsuits -- are led down a flight of stairs and down a concrete hallway. They each stop in front of individual prison cells that are next to each other. Larissa looks over at Sam before she's shoved into the cell. Natalie and Jacob stare at each other until the last possible second.

Natalie is sitting on the edge of the cot, staring at the wall. She only glances over as the door opens, but looks away before the guy walks in.

"Hi, Natalie. How you doing? Can I, uh, get you some coffee? Water? Or you hungry?" He digs through his pockets. "I got a chocolate bar here somewhere. Don't tell my wife. So... you've had a day. Wanna tell me about it?"

Natalie doesn't say anything, continuing to stare at the wall.

"Like, for example, why you went after the leader of the free world? Well, let me guess. You don't like cops. Hell, I get it. We can be real jackasses. But you're gonna talk to me, sweetheart. You just are. Now that's not a threat. I don't believe in torture. Doesn't work. Oh, I've seen folks waterboarded, cut on. And they talk. Ooh, they do."

"But they never tell you what they need. You know what does work, though? Every time? Nothing. See, when I leave, that door closes, and it stays closed, and you stay in the dark. Now, maybe that doesn't sound so bad."

Natalie ignores how she can already feel herself start to sweat as she pushes her panic attack down, knowing she's basically reliving her childhood.

"But after a month? A year? You spend enough time staring at these walls, just you and all that nothing, you'll get so crazy to talk, to see someone real, you'll tell me exactly what I need. You'll tell me with a smile. It'll just take some time. Of course, the thing is, after what you did, no one's in a hurry to get you that phone call. So you and me, we got all the time in the world."

Natalie flinches as the door slams shut. She takes a deep breath, squeezing her eyes shut as she tries to control herself.

~ ~ ~

Jacob keeps his jaw clenched while the guy talks to him, only relaxing a bit when the door shuts after he leaves. Jacob groans, leaning against the wall, running his hands through his hair.

~ ~ ~

Larissa flinches as the door slams shut, tears pricking her eyes. She looks around the small space, knowing her mental health may not let her survive this.

+++

"You left them?" Mary asks.

"No, I... Dean told me to go." Cas says. "The woman--"

"The one you lost?" Mary cuts him off.

"I didn't. I... I thought that she--"

"Stop making excuses. Why... if they needed my help, why didn't they call me?" Mary asks.

"Cause you're never fucking here." Libby says. "You ditch them, ignore them for days at a time. So, no, they didn't fucking call mommy."

"How did we let this happen?" Mary sighs.

"We didn't do shit." Billy says, motioning between him and the teenagers.

+++

It's been about two weeks since the five have been gone. Athena and the twins keep asking where their respective parents went, the older kids running out of lies to tell them.

Each person has been dealing with it differently. Nathan does his best to comfort Ophelia, practically showering her in hugs and cuddles -- more so than usual. Billy ignores his own worries and just tries to keep the younger ones distracted, including Daphne who mostly freaks out when she's trying to go to sleep and alone with her mind and she goes to sleep in Billy's room.