019. new babysitter

"First thing is first." Jacob states. "There will be no -- absolutely no physical touch, ever." Ophelia rolls her eyes and Nathan shrinks in fear. The two have already touched multiple times. "No doors are ever to be closed. No separate motel rooms, you're not sharing a single room -- ever. I don't care who else is in there."

"Jacob..." Natalie sighs.

"Somebody is between you two in the car or you're in separate cars. I don't wanna see any gross stuff -- kissing, hand holding, hugging."

"You and Natty do that all the time." Ophelia frowns.

"Yeah, well, we're fully grown adults, all right? You two youngins, not happening."

"Are you done yet?" Ophelia whines.

"Do you understand the rules?" Jacob asks.

"Yes." She rolls her eyes.

Jacob looks at Nathan.

"Mm-hmm." He nods. Jacob raises his eyebrows. "Yes, sir."

"You hurt her, you're dead." Jacob warns. Nathan quickly nods.

"Okay, tough guy." Natalie grabs her husband's arm. "Let's go."

"I mean it!" Jacob calls back.

+++

Larissa is sitting in bed and picking at a loose thread on the blanket.

"Hey. Dean, Nat, and I found another case. Uh, a woman walked into a church and got slashes on her back from something they couldn't see." Sam says. "Do you... do you want me to stay?"

"You can go. Don't care." Larissa mumbles.

"Baby, are you sure? We can... I can make some food, we can watch movies." Sam offers.

"No, actually, you know what? I-I wanna know why you're so okay." Larissa says.

"What?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, I mean, why exactly are you-- are you out hunting and-and able to get up early and never fucking crying." Larissa says.

"I... Lissy, I'm hurting. Believe me, my-- my own depression is-is... it's at an all time high. I'm not okay."

"So then stop acting like you are."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Because if I just lay in bed all day, I'm gonna feel worse, and I don't wanna feel worse."

"You gave yourself, like, six days to grieve."

"I'm still grieving, I'm just doing other stuff in the meantime. Like-- like hunting and-and being a father to our daughters. You know, they miss you."

"Well, good for them. You know who I miss? My fucking son!" Larissa yells.

"I know! I know! I miss him too, and I want him back too! I'm not okay!" Sam shouts, tears springing to his eyes. "I am not okay. I don't know when I'll be okay and I don't know when you'll be okay and I don't know when anything is gonna be okay, and I fucking hate it."

"So while I grieve, I'm gonna help other people because I'm tired of rotting away in bed. And I wanna help you, but you won't let me. I am trying to do whatever I can, but you push me away. And I get it, but the only thing you drink is alcohol, you haven't eaten in, like, a week."

"Well, excuse me for allowing myself to feel the pain of losing my child. What, you-- you think I wanna lay in bed all day? You think I don't wanna be happy when I see Athena or-- or the twins, but instead all I feel is even sadder cause I don't get to show that love to another child anymore? I don't want this, Sam! I wanted a fucking kid! I wanna kill that fucking bitch!"