034. breaking points

tw: talk of and attempted suicide

"Okay, so last night... that Super Mario power up shit? That wasn't Cas. That fucking baby isn't even born yet and it sock puppeted him. Think about it." Dean says as they sit in the library aside from Libby. "Cas said that he had faith in Lucifer Jr. What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"I don't know." Sam says.

"Kinda sounds like he has faith in the kid. But, you know, maybe that's just me reading between the lines." Billy comments.

"I mean, look, this doesn't make any sense to me either, Dean. But if we wanna have some shot at finding Cas, then we have to... I don't know. Uh, try and think like him." Sam says.

"How? Seriously, I mean up until now if Cas messed up, if he did something wrong, but he thought it was for the right reasons, I got it. Right? But last night, when I looked at him, I did not recognize the guy staring back at me."

Sam doesn't say anything, grabbing the bundle of leather and unwrapping it, looking at the broken colt.

"Can you fix it?" Dean asks.

"I hope so." Sam says.

They hear a cell phone vibrate.

"It's not me." Sam says.

"It's not me." Dean says. They look at the others who shake their heads. They look around, Sam finding the phone underneath a book.

"Must be one of mom's." Sam says before answering the phone. "Hello?"

"Oh... uh... Sam? Uh, I didn't know y-- uh, it's Alicia. Barnes." The voice over the phone says.

"Alicia? Hey, what's going on?" Sam asks, putting the phone on speaker.

"Like Max and Alicia?" Dean quietly asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"Yeah, sorry to, um... uh, Mary gave me a couple different numbers to reach her and we thought--"

"No. No. Mnh-mnh." They hear Max protest.

"I thought Mary would be down to help. Uh, be our backup on this, um..." Alicia says.

"You sound crazy." Max says.

"Hey, guys. It's Dean. Uh, you okay?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, depends who you ask. Um, mom was hunting this witch who's killed people all over Wyoming. Uh, anyway, mom usually checks in with us, but she's sort of disappeared." Alicia explains.

"Oh, my God. She didn't disappear. She's busy." Max says.

"Wait, so-so your mom's missing?" Dean asks.

"Where are you guys?" Sam asks.

"We're on our way to Rock River, Wyoming. But Max thinks I'm overreacting, but I--"

"Because you're being dramatic. Mom's fine. Stop bothering them." Max tells his sister.

"Fine. Okay. Hey, we'll be okay. Uh, never mind." Alicia says.

"No, wait, wait, wait, wait." Sam objects. "Um... hey, why don't you text us the address? We'll meet you."

"You will?" Alicia asks.

"They will what?" Max asks.

"We'll see you soon." Sam hangs up and turns to an unhappy Dean.

"What the hell, man? What about Cas?" Dean asks.

"Dude, Cas ditched his cell phone. Look, Jody put an APB out for Cas and Kelly across three states." Sam says. "Until that shakes something loose or we get some other break, all we're doing is-- is sitting here, banging our heads against a brick wall. Let's get out there. Let's... their mom's on a hunting trip and hasn't been home in a week."