027. mary's truth

"Libby's name isn't Libby?" Athena frowns at her mom in confusion.

"Well, it-- I mean, technically, it is. But Libby is a nickname. You know, the same way we call you Athy or Thena." Larissa explains.

"So what's her name?" Athena asks.

"Elizabeth. And sometimes I call her Beth and your dad calls her Bessie. Evie calls her Bee." Larissa says.

"Is Evie's name Evie?" Athena asks.

"Mm-hmm." Larissa nods. "E's her nickname."

"Can I call Libby something?" Athena asks.

"Maybe. What do you wanna call her?" Larissa asks.

"What can I call her?" Athena asks.

"Well... there's Betty or Ellie."

"Ellie!" Athena lights up. "It sounds like Elsa."

"Yeah. Yeah, it does. You know, you could probably call her Elsa, too." Larissa says.

"Only if she has ice powers." Athena says making Larissa laugh.

+++

Libby is eating breakfast, already halfway through the meal. Sam is cleaning up his and Larissa's breakfast.

"Bacon." Athena grabs the piece off of Libby's plate.

"Hey, ah-ah-ah. No." Sam snatches the food from the toddler and puts it back on Libby's plate. "Nobody eats Libby's food but Libby."

"But you and mama share." Athena frowns.

"Yes, but-- well--" Sam struggles to explain. "Libby is a growing kid, too. So she needs everything that's on her plate. Same with Evie. You know, like you do. So, here." Sam grabs a piece of bacon. "And ask before you take stuff off other people's plates."

"Okay." Athena says, biting into the bacon. "Bye, daddy. Bye, Ellie." She runs out of the room.

"Where'd she get "Ellie" from?" Libby asks.

"Uh... I dunno." Sam shrugs. "Maybe Lissy."

"Great." Libby rolls her eyes.

"It's just a nickname." Sam says.

"And I'm okay with the nicknames I already had." Libby states. "I already have Evie on my ass with "Bee," I don't need another nickname to hate."

"Look, we-- we can worry about your hatred for "Ellie" later. Just eat your breakfast." Sam kisses her on the head.

+++

"Okay, well, stay on it. You get any leads, you let us know, and we'll keep working it from our end. Thanks, Cas." Dean says while walking into the library and he hangs up the phone. "So Kelly Kline is in the wind. No trace."

"Great." Sam sighs.

"No idea when Lucifer's kid is gonna pop, if it hasn't already." Dean says.

"So basically, we got nothin'." Sam says.

"Basically." Dean nods.

"All right. Well, we do have this other thing."

"What other thing?"

"Check it out. Museum in Des Moines, Iowa. A guy's body was found in the parking lot, a teacher. His tongue had been ripped out."

"Well, that didn't kill him."

"No, but having his internal organs crushed did. Uh, no obvious damage to the torso, no point of entry."

"You thinkin' witch?"