084. ghost pepper jerky

"Supply run is done." Dean announces, walking into the bunker. "Hey. You know they make ghost pepper jerky?"

"Uh, you're not gonna like it." Sam warns.

"What're you talking about? I like all jerkies." Dean says, sitting down with the bag.

"Dude. Ghost peppers are really hot." Sam states.

"Shut up. I wanna see where this goes." Larissa smacks her husband's arm.

"Please." Dean scoffs, opening the bag. He eats one and shrugs, but everybody else is able to spot his regret.

"How is it?" Sam asks.

"It's good. It's really good. I like it. It's good flavor." Dean struggles to talk.

"Great. Uh, you should have another piece." Sam says.

"Hell, just eat the whole bag." Billy smirks.

"That's fine." Dean denies as Sam takes a water bottle out of the bag.

"Oh, thank you. Water. You mind if I...?" Sam asks and Dean nods. He starts shaking his head and gestures for the bottle which Sam opens. "What? What? Huh?" Dean gestures to the bottle. "Oh, you want... uh, well..." Sam opens the water bottle and chugs it. Larissa bursts out into giggles, her joy only growing at the death glare Dean sends his brother.

Dean quickly grabs the bag, getting a water bottle out and chugging half of it.

"Mountain lion." Dean pants.

"What? I didn't really catch that. Will you say it again, please?" Sam asks. Dean gulps down more water.

"Mountain lion... the case in Colorado with the mountain lion... where are we?"

"Wait. Say it one more time." Sam says.

"The case in Colorado with the mountain lion with the three dead. Where are we with that one?"

"Uh... we are at five."

"What?"

"We're up to five."

"Then what are we doing here?"

Dean pours the water into his mouth before pouring it over his head.

"Oh, sweet mother. I'm gonna go get ready for..." Dean spits out the piece of jerky and walks out.

"Okay, well, this doesn't involve Chuck, so I think you five got it covered." Ophelia says, getting up.

"You don't wanna work a case?" Sam asks.

"Not if he's on it." Ophelia says. "And it's not like you're missing me that much. It'd be just like when the first twins and I stayed in motel rooms all the time, we're cool here. Nate and I got the kids."

"Hey, hey, second twins." Natalie interjects.

"Sorry?" Ophelia shrugs.

"How's Nate doing?" Jacob asks.

"He's fine." Ophelia shrugs. "When he's not around dad, anyway. See ya." She walks out.

"I'll stay, too. Make sure... nobody ends up dead." Billy says.

"You know, if you wanna stop being referred to as a kid, maybe stop hanging out with the kids." Larissa remarks, ruffling the boy's hair.

"Nah, I'm good. They're extreme pains in the ass, but... they can be kinda cool. Plus, they definitely beat Dean, so..." Billy gives them a double thumbs up before leaving.

"He's not wrong on that last part." Jacob says.

+++

They pull up to the sheriff's station.