071. tag team

It's been only a few days since the twins have been back, both remaining cooped up in their rooms for the majority of the time. Sam and Larissa have been trying to split their time evenly between both girls, doing what they can. Delaney never leaves Evie's side, specifically at the twin's request -- not that she'd leave her alone anyway. Ethan stays with Libby as much as he can, but has remained at the bunker, the girl not wanting him too far away. Everybody else has done what they could, trying not to overstep any boundaries or crowd the two eighteen year olds.

After finding Sam and Larissa both asleep at the kitchen table with Athena drawing shapes on the table in chocolate syrup, the other four young adults assured they could take care of the twins while the couple focused on themselves for a night. Ophelia managed to convince them after insisting they couldn't take care of their daughters if they were half dead.

"Okay, so, what? We just... we just all hang out with one and then switch later?" Nathan asks.

"We could split up into twos." Daphne says.

"That's a much better idea." Billy points to his sister.

"Okay, so... so me and Lia? Then you two?" Nathan asks.

"As much as I love you, I don't think making them feel like a third wheel would be best." Ophelia says.

"But we wouldn't be focusing on each other. We'd be focusing on the baby. And then the-- the other baby." Nathan says.

"Still." Ophelia says.

"Oh, come on. It's not like they're single." Nathan says. "Which, by the way, we still gotta talk to that punk."

"Agreed." Billy nods.

"You get my point, Nathan." Ophelia says. Nathan pouts, resembling a puppy dog, and Ophelia gently pats his cheek in sympathy.

"How about boys and girls?" Billy suggests.

"That works." Daphne nods. "Who wants who first?"

"Why does this feel like picking favorites?" Nathan frowns. "Cause if it is, I'm not. They're both my adorable little crackheads."

"It's not picking favorites." Daphne rolls her eyes. "You want the girl who shuts down and does everything you say or you want the girl who shuts you out and might give attitude?"

"We want Libby." Billy states.

"We do?" Nathan asks.

"Yes." Billy gives him a look, it taking a moment for Nathan to get it.

"Right. Yeah." Nathan nods. "Yeah, we-- Libby probably wants us, too, anyway."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Ophelia frowns.

"No-nothing. Nothing bad for you guys. Just... we-- we have similar experiences with... with certain things." Nathan says. "We know to look for certain signs."

"Okay, whatever." Daphne says. "So, boys get Libby and we get Evie... plus Delaney cause she probably still won't leave her side."

"Whatever keeps her calm." Ophelia says and Daphne nods.

"If she falls asleep, can we go hassel--"

"No." Both girls state, walking off.

Nathan pouts and Billy sighs.

"He'll get what's comin' to him." Billy assures.

+++

Billy and Nathan walk into Libby's bedroom, both glancing at the TV that is playing Criminal Minds. Nathan watches it for a few moments, recognizing it as the "North Mammon" episode.