022. l.a.

They're on the way to L.A. after Cas called informing that he and Crowley had a lead on Lucifer.

Evie is awake and scrolling on her phone. Libby is asleep, her head resting against Nathan's shoulder. Nathan is awake, Ophelia on his other shoulder as she tries to fall asleep. Athena is asleep, her head hanging down. Larissa is asleep and cuddled into Sam's side while he has headphones in.

"All right. 450 miles to L.A. Land of gridlock, Botox, overtaxing, underachieving, smell of sweaty desperation. I mean, you can't breath. The beaches are toxic. You got dudes wearing sunglasses inside."

"Oh. Image-obsessed narcissists. I do like the yoga pants, though." Dean chuckles. "When was the last time we were in L.A.? About 10 years ago, doing a vengeful spirit? Man, that seems like forever ago. Doesn't it?" He glances over at Sam. "Hey." He hits his arm. "Tryin' to talk to you here."

"What?" Sam takes the earbuds out.

"You-- what are you listenin' to?" Dean asks.

"Uh, podcast. Why?" Sam asks.

"All right, well... I need something to keep me awake, so crank it up." Dean says.

"I mean, it's a history podcast." Sam says.

"Well, I like history, you know? Gladiators and outlaws, pirates. Hell, we're driving a piece of history right now." Dean says.

"N-not that kind of history. This is a, uh... it's a podcast on the history of the Protestant Reformation. A multipart exploration of each Martin Luther's 95 theses." Sam explains.

"Oh."

"Yeah, that's what I thought." Sam puts the earbuds back in.

Dean yanks the earbuds out of the phone, a Vince Vincente song playing.

"Oh, Sam." Dean groans.

"Dude."

"Hair rock? Really?"

"It's not hair--"

"Come on."

"It's not hair rock, Dean. It's hard rock. It's legitimate hard rock."

"Wow."

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

"Yeah, or a dude by his, uh, rainbow wig and leopard prints."

"Rainbow wig? What? You know what? I'm done apologizing. Lucifer possessed Vince Vincente. This is Vince Vincente's music, so listening to it is research."

"No. No."

"As a matter of fact..." Sam turns the volume up. "Study up, Dean."

"No, no. No. I don't wanna listen to it."

"You like it."

"No. No. No, no. No. Turn it off."

"It'll grow on ya."

+++

They're waiting in the lobby for Crowley and Cas. Sam gets some water from the water dispenser next to him, Dean giving him a disgusted look.

"What? It's good." Sam shrugs.

"It's vegetable water." Dean says.

"Sam, Dean, everybody." Cas walks over.

"Hey. You consider switching up your duds there? Bit stiff for this town." Dean tells the angel.

"He could be an agent or something." Sam shrugs.

"Yeah, maybe a third tier agent." Dean says.

"At least I don't look like a lumberjack." Cas states.

"Okay, enough, guys. Where's Crowley?" Sam asks.