7

"Where the hell have you been?" The moment he had been dreading. He walked into the house to find his mother standing there red in the face.

"I had business."

"Not this late you didn't. Where is your respect?" He chuckled darkly.

"For you? It disappeared a long time ago." His cheek stung as she slapped him.

"Get your act together Hiroto."

"Or what?"

"Why are you like this?"

"If I start answering that, it'd take years before I get done."

"Well,"

"You know exactly what you've done. You've driven me insane. You've made my life a living hell. Every single time I found happiness, you always found a way to destroy it." He pushed past her. He would not let them touch a hair on Rae's head. He would not let them destroy what he felt for her.

"Maybe we weren't the most loving of parents but Hiroto I love you. I am your mother. I gave birth to you. You mean so much and everything I do it is for you and for this family."

"Spare me the bullshit." He turned around, a sardonic smirk on his face.

"You continuously paying Emi to sleep with me... that's for the family right? Like I'm some fucking whore. Who the fuck pimps their own fucking child?! Sending me to different prefectures to be passed around like a piece of meat is for the family? Why must I be used in this sick game? What are you trying to prove by having me doing this? That Iwase males are superior? Is that it? It's disgusting. You disgust me. Have you not once thought about how this would affect me?" He came down the stairs.

"And since we're on the topic of decisions that affect me, I know all about that little planned trip to the abortion clinic you set up. Is all of this your way of making me pay?" Her face paled and she gasped for air like a fish.

"Where...where did you hear such a thing? I never-"

"Don't act as if you don't know. You didn't feel like I was worthy to take the name Iwase. How could you know with me in your stomach? Admit it. You didn't plan me." She swallowed.

"I never tried to get rid of you Hiroto. That... that was your father's doing. I...I wanted to keep you. He didn't want me to have you." Ah, so now they were going to play the blame game. Spouse against spouse. Completely laughable.

"I can't take the sight of you any more. I'm moving out." He turned and began to walk up the stairs.

"Hiroto! Wait a minute. WAIT." She yelled, making him pause.

"Whatever I have to do to make you stay... just tell me. Don't walk out of our lives. I.. I need you to stay with me." He turned his head.

"Why?" She was silent for a while before she spoke.

"Do you think I enjoy making you do these things? You're my son. My one and only son. Listen to me. You don't know the hope I have for you when I look at you."

"Mother,"

"Please, listen to me." He turned around and intently watched her.

"I'm a weak woman Hiroto. I am ashamed to be your mother. I haven't stood up or protected you. I have loved you but haven't shown it in the right ways." She was crying. Was it real?