11

He wasn't sure how it happened but all he heard was Rae's terrified scream and the big crash of water. He turned around and saw Emi standing there, watching her fall with a satisfied grin on her face. He saw red.

"You fucking bitch." She turned to face him and pouted.

"I did this to help knock some sense into you. With her gone, everything can return to normal." He came up on her, hands ready to strangle her.

"You'll pay for this. I promise you that. Move the fuck out of my way." She grinned.

"You really love her that much that you'd risk your life?" He grabbed her and shook her so hard her neck popped.

"I could kill you. Do you know how easy it would be just to snap you like the twig you are?" Her smirk waned and for the first time she looked appropriate. Scared. His games were over. He was done being nice. His grip tightened on her arms.

"I should slap the fuck out of you." Her face paled.

"Hi-Hiroto..." He shoved her to the side, hard enough that she fell.

"Why did you do that Emi?" One of the girls asked, looking fearfully at him.

"I've never seen Hiroto this mad before. Emi, look what you did." He didn't stay to hear the rest. He took a breath and jumped into the water. He spotted her already deep in the depths of the water, lifeless. Oh God... He pushed his body and grew closer to her. She laid against a rock. He grabbed her and prayed he held his breath long enough to reach the surface. He kicked his feet harder and soon, took a gasping breath as they came to the surface. He wheezed but the pain in his lungs didn't mean anything to him. He looked down to see her limp and unmoving in his arms.

"Rae... Rae!" Nothing. Her lips had turned a slight blue.

"Shit." He cursed. He pulled her out of the water and laid her flat on her back on the grass.

"Is she breathing?" He looked up to find Tomo standing there looking worried.

"I don't know." He tugged at her juban until it loosened. He pressed an ear to her heart. No heart beat.

"Fuck. She's not breathing." His voice was panicked. He took a breath and pinched her nose. He breathed into her lungs until he had no breath left and began to push on her chest.

"Oh God. Is this really happening right now? She was just... we were having such a good day." Tomo said, lifting a shaky hand to slide through his hair. He didn't respond. He pinched her nose again and breathed into her lungs again.

"Come on Ebere. Breathe for me." Her lips grew a darker shade of blue. He pushed harder against her chest.

"Come on..." One last time he took a large breath and pinched her nose, making sure she got all the air he had. He pushed on her chest, feeling his eyes water.

"Come on baby. Breathe. Breathe please." He pushed against her chest and waited. Tomo's breath was gone as he watched. It was a minute before water gushed out of her lungs and out of her mouth. He pressed his head against her chest. She gasped for air and he felt her chest move, her heart starting to beat again. He lifted and ignored the tears that slid down his cheeks. It didn't matter if anyone saw him. Right now, all he cared about was the fact that she was breathing. He lifted hands to her juban and closed it tightly, reaching underneath her to tighten her obi. Slowly, the blue color faded from her lips but she still looked ashen. He reached behind her head. He felt wetness.