16

A/N: Can I just say that the two of them are quite 'mature' for teenagers?? Like, as we've learned with Hiroto, he's experienced a lot of trauma and that forced him to grow up and mature much faster than others his age. I love that through their feelings for one another, they're just flowing, coasting and vibing hehe. I love them. Here's chapter 16. Happy reading~ 

She felt a heavy arm strewn lazily across her hip, a hand slack against her lower back. At first she panicked but grew calm when she smelled his scent. Calm. Familiar. Refreshing as the cool summer air that came into the room. Her head pounded slightly and it made her groan softly. She was never going to drink again. Slowly opening her eyes, she set them upon the face of the guy so closely pressed against her. His hair was a little damp, sweat perhaps. It fell into his face. It had grown long. His eyelashes quite feminine for a boy fluttered against his cheeks. Her eyes traced every line and curve, the sharp line of his jaw, smooth curvy forms that made up his pouty lips which were slightly ajar, soft calm air coming on her forehead. 

She couldn't help but smile. He looked like a baby, his features completely relaxed and soft. Being in the sun had kissed his skin a deeper brown and it reminded her of a a golden biscuit. She had never seen him so peaceful and it moved her heart. He was so relaxed and comfortable but still had his protective guard up with how close he held her.

Sighing she burrowed her head deeper against his chest and closed her eyes. Her hands had been curled up into fists during sleep, probably thanks to that alcohol. Uncurling them, the tension left her hands and she laid them flat against his pectorals. He was so warm and safe. Was it possible to want to wrap yourself up in someone like a blanket? He made her want to just melt into him. She felt his heartbeat steady, slow against her palm. The way in which he held her was different than the way Tre held her. There was however one similarity. The protective nature of both guys. Sometimes, Hiroto reminded her of Tre. She missed him. She missed her mama and dad. All her brothers and her sisters. She missed her family. Even though Hiroto got on her nerves with the guard dog act, she was grateful. It made the ache of missing Tre disappear a little.

Sighing again, she slid her hands softly down until her fingers glided across his stomach. She felt a blush come to her cheeks. She'd never touched this low on his body before. She let the sensation of touch overwhelm her, everything from his smooth skin to the hard defined muscle that met her tips. Maybe she had touched too much because he sighed and his arm slid down some more, the side of his hand grazing the top of her bottom. She grew still but his hand remained slack. Okay, that was enough exploring. She waited until he grew completely lax again.

"I remember. Everything." She spoke with a whisper, careful not to rouse him. Their entire conversation. It felt strange. She had felt trapped last night. In her head. Like she was fully aware but not. She had no control of her words or body but she was clear enough to hear what he disclosed. She didn't like that one drink made her feel that way. She never wanted to experience that again. As the conversation hit her full force, she squeezed her eyes shut as tears welled up. How could... how could two people be so evil? How could the people who brought him into the world treat him so horribly?

Hiroto had been abused from his father. Isolated from outside people. Raped by unknown women. How... how could he... how could he not want to die? The pain was too much. On top of losing the one woman who ever meant a damn to him, his parents had found a way to destroy that too. How could they leave their own mother alone to die by herself? Cruel. Absolutely wicked. Those people he called parents had no soul. No heart. Anger spread in her chest. Look at what they did. They had almost driven him to kill himself. And did it seem like they cared? Her hands tightened back up again.