26

A/N: EEEEE Thank you all for the love on Accordance! I am overjoyed that you all are enjoying Hiroto and Rae's story hehe. Aren't they just precious, the two of them? I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. This story, notably, is 8 to 9 years old now but it is still so special and dear to my heart. We are almost finished with Accordance here! 

I'll upload Transcendence next :) It's a lengthy body of work, be forwarned hehe. But it's so powerful. I know you guys will dig it. There, we'll meet Hiroto and Rae allll grown up. :) 

Let's jump into the last few chapters of Accordance, shall we? 

-AL 

When they walked into school the following week, you would have thought the Royal Family had showed up. They had drawn such attention to themselves already and all they had done was hold hands on the way up the hill. People pointed and whispered but nothing was done until they actually got into the building.

"Iwase are you two dating now?"

"Marshall!"

"He finally chose her huh?"

"I've been waiting for it. Despite their skin difference, she brings out a good side in him."

"This is just disgusting. How can he touch her?"

"This is not fair. I wanted that to be me." Rae kept her lips pressed together and body close to his as they tried to move through the swarm of people.

"What happened to Maco?" She rolled her eyes and pulled him along until they swiftly cut a corner. Down the hall they went into an empty classroom.

"Lord Jesus, you would think we're celebrities." She exclaimed, letting go of his hand. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I prepared myself as best as I could." She leaned back against a desk.

"This how it's gon be every time we walk up in here?"

"I hope to God not." She sighed loudly.

"Finally some quiet." He stood and came to stand in front of her, laying his forehead down on her shoulder.

"You okay?" She asked, reaching up to rub his back.

"I'm contemplating what to do from here."

"What you mean?"

"With Emi." Her hand paused.

"I haven't heard anything since everything went down..."

"We deserve to hear something. You deserve it."

"What can we do?"

"I'm going to my parents' home after school. I want answers."

"What can you parents do?"

"They are responsible for our meeting. Everything she did was out of what they themselves agreed. This is their mess to fix."

"Will they this time? Seein as how they didn't last time."

"They have no choice." She nodded and he lifted his head.

"That feels good." She smiled.

"Your back hurt?"

"I may have overexert myself lately."

"Don't push yourself too much Roto..." He sighed.

"We should go. Class will start soon." He pulled away from her and reached down, grabbing their bags.