30

A/N: We are here at the end of this installment *sniff sniff* buckle up. The next installment, Transcendence will be uploaded soon. Thank you alllll. 

Love and blessings, 

AL 

It had been hours since the conversation ended and still, still she hadn't moved. She had sat in the same place, staring into space. She couldn't believe it.

***

"I broke up with Aiko because she still loved Hiroto." That was how he started it.

"Loved?"

"Mm. She tried to force herself to be happy. But it didn't work out."

"So she was acting fake..."

"Rae..."

"She knew she still had feelings for him. Why even go to you? What was she expecting you to do Bu?" He sighed.

"She asked me to set him up with her many times." She gripped the phone.

"Excuse me??" Tobu inhaled.

"Perhaps she thought using me to get to him would work. I never agreed Rae. I never wanted to hurt you."

"Wait... Bu this is too much..."

"All those times...she wanted you to pay attention to us... she wanted him to pay attention to her." She was quiet.

"I have been meaning to tell you... it has been heavy and I thought you should know."

"Tobu... this is not fair to you... how could she play with your emotions like that?!"

"I'll... I'll get over it."

"No, you really liked her. And she just stomped on your heart..."

"It does hurt Rae. But I will get over it..."

"I'm sorry sweetie. If you need anything, please let me know. I care!"

"Thank you Rae."

"No, thank you for telling me.Will you rest well tonight Bu?"

"Now that I have told you, I will."

"Okay. Goodnight."

"Goodnight hime."

***

Aiko. She twirled a pencil around her fingers. Aiko Aiko Aiko. She should have known. No crush went away that fast. And to think she had almost hand delivered Hiroto to her. Tryna be nice... tryna ignore her own feelings... Dumb. What was really going on? She wanted answers.

"Rae, what's wrong?" She felt his hands gently massage her shoulders.

"Oh... um...nothing."

"I know when something is wrong." She sighed and leaned back against him.

"It's about Aiko."

"What about her?" She looked up at him.

"Apparently, she never got over her crush on you." His hands stopped and he blinked, confusion on his face.

"She liked me?"

"Yes."

"I never got an inkling that she did."

"She told me once. She was asking me about you and if we were involved. I guess to assess if we were going to pursue each other."

"Hm..."