20

"What's the deal with you and Iwase?"

"What you mean?" In the heat of the summer evening, the two girls sat in their jammies painting their nails. Aiko had stayed over again, something Minako was thrilled about. She had taken a mighty big likin to Aiko and any chance she could get to get the girl over their house, she took it. Minako was big on trying to create a family for her here in Japan and was thrilled any time a good person came into her life. She had yet to meet her brother but perhaps it was for the better. He seemed like he was always on the go and even Mina didn't talk much to him. Whoever he was, he seemed down and that was all she cared about. Aiko pursed her lips and sucked her teeth, bringing her attention back to her. She cut her eyes at her.

"Rae. Don't play like you don't know. It's plain as day. You dig him don't you?" She sighed dramatically and dipped the small brush into the paint bottle.

"Aiko, you so nosy. Like damn can a girl breave?!"

"It ain't my fault you drool all over dude when he come around." Aiko replied with a goofy grin on her face.

"Girl bye. I do not drool."

"More like pant. Brotha got you hot flashin."

"I'm done with you. Paint your own damn nails." She said with a laugh. Aiko laughed, holding her stomach.

"You know I had to come for you on that right?"

"Ion appreciate it." Aiko sniggered.

"But nawl jokes aside. What's up with y'all? Y'all together or not?" She sighed.

"Nawl. We just friends."

"Just. Friends. That's all?"

"You want him?" Aiko smirked.

"I might. He fine. Real tall like I like em. Good face, good hair and got that sharp jawline thatta cut you if you ain't careful. My type for real." She rolled her eyes playfully.

"All that's true." She said with a chuckle.

"So??"

"Aiko, we just friends. Okay?"

"Do you like him?"

"You certainly seem to."

"Hey, I just appreciate fine men. Besides, I wanna know so I know how to act round him. I know he's your boy and all. I don't wanna do nothing without knowing how y'all stand." She waved her hand.

"Girl bye. He is free to do what he want. I ain't his momma. It's all good."

"All right."

"Don't be acting funny neither."

"Girl you outta here." They shared a laugh and finished painting their nails.

"I think we should meet my friends tomorrow."

"Your crew?"

"Girl, they some of the realest chicks in Japan. They got me through some of the hardest moments of my life." Sounded like the exact bunch of friends she needed. Real equaled loyal and loyal equaled lifelong.

"Aiight. Sure."

"Okay cool."

"We go way back. Since like elementary school. I think you'll like them. Besides, boys be actin funny." She laughed.