18

"Aboogaboogaboo!!" Squealing laughter filled the room. Tiny little hands reached up. Lips blew against a soft tummy again and the laughter grew ferocious. She laughed, feeling the joy radiate from her.

"I brought lunch." She looked up to see Hiroto come into the room with small bags.

"Good we are hungry!" She grinned. He smirked.

"You do look famished. I came on time." She grinned deeper and turned to the little girl laying on a frilly pink blanket.

"Hisae, are you hungry?" She opened her mouth and a little tiny spit bubble popped on her lip, bringing a laugh from her.

"I'll take that as a yes huh?" She picked her up and she nestled her head against her breast.

"Let's see Mommy hm? Let's check on her." She got up and walked over to Hana's bedside. She had eaten earlier that morning and was feeling kind of weak so she went back to sleep. She remembered the day she woke up.

***

It was a rainy summer day and the only sound heard was the rain pattering against the window.

"Hana..." She was alone this time. Hiroto had taken Hisae and gone out to spend the day with her, leaving her at her request here with her. She watched her friend, still very much bruised and frail looking. The swelling had gone down and her face had slowly returned to normal. Her lips were cut and red but they were normal size again. Her eyes had come back too. The eyelashes fluttered softly against her high cheeks. The breathing tube had been removed not too long ago and she had thanked God for that. Hana could breathe on her own. Hana was fighting this thing. And winning. But some parts of her were still repairing and some still broken. She wondered... just how much damage that bastard inflicted on her. Would she have any... any problems? She slowly approached her bedside and softly grabbed her hand.

"Hana, how are you today? Do you feel better?" Her heart monitor beeped. Her answer. Beep...Beep....Beep...

"I wanted to be alone with you today. Hiroto took Hisae out for today. He's been taking good care of her. Grandmother Chie got sick and couldn't care for her anymore so Hiroto took her. He's had her about a month or so now. You should see them two. Like two peas in a pod. Hisae love her some Hiroto." She smiled. Hisae would be a daddy's girl. Hiroto loved her so much. She could see it in his face when he held her. He called her his little princess.

"He really loves that little girl. I've never seen him melt so quick but when she's around he becomes putty. He's a wonderful uncle. I have had some experience with babies now too. It took me a while but Hana I finally got the diaper thing down. I'm learning and it's amazing just to spend time with Hisae. She is such a precious little gem." Sighing, she eyed Hana's nails which had grown fragile and paper thin.

"Let's do another girl day. Just you and me." She had planned it all. She'd do her nails and try to do as much of her hair as she could laying there. She got out a nail polish color, a color Hiroto said was Hana's favorite. Her favorite color was red. She chose a deep luxurious red for her because to her that represented her Queendom. Just how much royalty she was. She gently lifted her hand and placed it in the small folding table in front of her.

"I know when you wake up, you'll be better than ever." She gently painted her nail and scrapped the excess off with the edge of her nail.

"We'll have to go shopping too Hana! Me and you! Hisae too! I never been to Shinjuku before but I wanna shop till we drop. Does that sound fun?" Hana's hand laid limp on the table. She nibbled on her lip and quietly painted the rest of her fingers. Blowing softly, she left it alone to dry. Now the other hand. She flipped the table to the other side of her bed and soon scooted over and lifted her hand.