22

With the fall wind brought new changes. A fresh wind. Cold and uncomfortable in nature but refreshing all the more. The school had provided sweater cardigans for the students and she was happy. Clutching it against her bare legs, she walked past all the chatter, pointing and stares. There were better things to focus her energy on and gossip was not one of them. She walked with her head held high and entered into her first class of the new year. Inside were students, some old, some new. In his infamous seat he sat, nose pressed between a book. She stopped and just looked at him. He looked like he had never left.

"My, someone is surely getting an eye full this morning." To her delight, in walked Rie. She pressed her finger to her lips to tell her to be quiet. Rie grinned.

"So are you two official?"

"Who?"

"You know who."

"I don't know."

"Didn't you tell me you two kissed... quite a few times I might add."

"Rie! Shut up." She whispered much to Rie's chagrin.

"I'm just saying. You might wanna snatch him up. Everybody pretty much know he won't mess with anyone other than you."

"Girl."

"Hi Iwase!" She grinned at him. She could have laughed because Hiroto didn't show much expression other than a nod. Not what Rie expected huh?

"What does he only save his emotion for you or what?" She sucked her teeth.

"Hm. I don't know. Does he?" She walked away from Rie cackling. She sat in her familiar seat in front of him and opened her notebook. He cleared his throat and she sat up straighter.

"What?" She asked softly.

"It's nothing."

"Nothing?"

"Yes."

"Okay then." She smiled to herself. He was so cute when he was being awkward. He didn't know what to say did he? Their teacher entered the room and they all stood and bowed.

"Be seated." The teacher was a female and she was relatively young looking much to the guy's surprise.

"I am Ms. Honomi. I will be your instructor for this morning session."

"It is nice to meet you."

"Please introduce yourself." The students went around and began to introduce themselves. When it was her turn, she stood and bowed.

"Hello. It is nice to meet you. I am Marshall Ebere. I am a second year. Originally, I lived in the United States but I live here now."

"Ah, how do you like it in Japan?"

"It is a very nice country."

"That is good to hear. Nice to meet you Marshall." She bowed again before taking her seat. Hiroto introduced himself and soon the rest of the class had introduced themselves.

"This morning let us begin with what activities you participated in the summer."

***

"How are classes so far for you?" She had come out into the courtyard to find Hiroto leaning against a tree. His cardigan looked warm. She clutched hers to her body.