27

They had entered into junior year so quickly. It seemed time was going so fast. But as long as they had one another, they felt it would be all right. The seasons had started to blend and change. It seemed as if they all existed at one time. Or maybe it was just the feeling within his chest.

"Roto?" Her voice soothed him.

"Yes?" She was stretched out across his legs, her head in his lap. She had drawn her legs up some and let her arms fall behind her head onto her bed.

"Your birthday is comin up."

"Yes. It is."

"You're going to be 17!"

"Mm." She grinned.

"You're almost an adult back in the United States." He smirked.

"Does that mean I can get an almost adult birthday present?" She smacked him on the forehead.

"You nasty." He laughed, his dimples deepening.

"I love to get you worked up. It is so funny."

"You bein an ass. That's what you doin." He laughed some more and she smiled. His laughter always had made her heart flutter.

"I was going to do something special for you." He stroked her arm.

"Can I have a hint?" She pursed her lips.

"Nawl homie. You gon have to wait." He pouted.

"Please?"

"Noooo." He sighed and leaned down, sliding his fingers through hers.

"I really only want one thing from you for my birthday." Her cheeks grew warm at his husky tone. The words rolled off his tongue so smoothly.

"That is?"

"A kiss." He wrapped his other arm around her waist and pressed his forehead against hers.

"You love kissing me huh?"

"I can't go without it." She opened her eyes and smiled to herself.

"Neither can I." She whispered in a hushed tone. She turned her head towards him and their lips met. She sighed against his, feeling like she had gone through a withdrawal. His fingers tightened their grip on her waist. Someone cleared their throat. She pulled away, gasping. He let go of her and she sat up with the quickness.

"You look so guilty." Minako grinned as she leaned against her door frame.

"I-I'm so sorry... we didn't... I didn't..." Hiroto cleared his throat.

"I apologize. It was my fault." Minako waved her hand.

"It is a harmless kiss. Right Iwase-kun?" He nodded.

"Yes. No harm indeed."

"I wanted to let you know dinner ready." He blushed and bit his lip.

"Minako-san... thank you so much for your kindness." She smiled softly at him.

"It is nothing Hiroto-kun."

"Please call me this. I like it better than Iwase-kun." His blush grew even more pink. She clutched her hand to her heart.

"Ah, such sweet boy. Oh kay. I call you this. Please come and eat. I know you are hungry."

"Yes thank you." She smiled again before heading downstairs. She touched her lips, bringing her eyes up to his. He gently fluffed her curls.