Chapter Twenty Three.

Hey guys!!

I really hope you liked the last Chapter, again. I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Enjoy this Chapter....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucia...

"We've been in a crash!"

Luke jumps off of me. "You what?!" He exclaims.

"What's going on?" Our heads snap in the direction of the little voice, seeing a sleepy looking Scarlet.

"I-I didn't know what to do. I couldn't call the ambulance, because then they would've had to check me and.... and, I don't know, just come and help!" Zarald says quickly in panic.

I pick up Scarlet and we all run out to Luke's car. I sat Scarlet on my lap and buckled us in. Luke pulls out of the woods and a few minutes later we see Zarald's car, flipped over. I gasp and Luke looks back at me. "Lucia, whatever you do. Do not let Scarlet out to see this" he says in a serious tone. I nod, Zarald and Luke get out of the car and they're over to the car in no time.

"Lucia, what's happening?" Scarlet asks confused, her eyes flickering open. She sleepily rubs her eyes and yawns.

"N-nothing, just... just go back to sleep" I say softly, she nods and rests her head on my shoulder, dozing off again.

Luke...

"Paige?" I call, hoping to get some sort of answer. I needed to flip the car back around to get a better view, but I was afraid in case it would make whatever position Paige is in, worse. "Paige!" I shout this time. She doesn't answer.

"Luke, we have to call an ambulance" Zarald says.

"And why didn't you do that before?" I snap. I didn't mean to, but I was in a worried position.

All of a sudden we hear sirens. I look at Zarald and he shrugs. "I called them" I hear Lucia's voice. I look back at the car and she smiles.

The ambulance comes around the corner and the paramedics come racing out. A few minutes later a fire brigade truck comes.

-

After talking to everyone and seeing them dragging a lifeless looking Paige out of the car, the ambulance leave to bring her to the hospital. We follow them, Zarald shaking. "What if she dies?" He asks. Lucia and I shush him, because if Scarlet heard she'd freak out.

"We're here" I say pulling into the parking lot. We run inside, Lucia trying not to wake Scarlet. We ask the receptionist what room she's in and we walk to it. A doctor comes out. "Excuse me, we're friends of Paige and this is her daughter" I say pointing to Scarlet. "How's she doing?" I ask, he sighs.

"She suffered some severe, bangs to the head. She was put into a coma" he replies, we gasp.

"For-for how long?" Zarald asks shakily.

"Probably about two to three months" he tells us.

"Can we see her?" Lucia joins in.

"Of course" he smiles and walks away. We walk into the quiet room, the only noise being from the machine she's hooked up to.

Lucia's eyes start to water making me confused. They were never close. I gently take Scarlet from her and put her on a chair. I pull Lucia into a hug as Zarald brushes some hair off of Paige's face. "What's wrong?" I ask as tears fall from her face.