Chapter Thirty One.

Luke...

I jump when I hear the gun go off, I look at Lucia and thank god she's okay. I feel a stinging pain in my side making me silently thank god, for it being me getting shot and not Lucia.

I take the bullet out of me, wincing while doing it. It comes out and I heal quickly. "Let her go Trever" I warn.

"Give me the girl" he says, I shake my head.

"No! Scarlet's not going anywhere with you!" I shout, he rolls his eyes.

"She's not your kid, why can't I have her?" He whines.

"Because she's a little girl you sick freak!" Lucia exclaims, he gasps.

He points the gun at her leg before shooting. "No!" I shout, as she screams in pain.

"I had enough of your shit, I'll be back" he says leaving the Cabin. I run up to Lucia, she laid on the floor clutching her leg.

"Oh my god Lucia, I'm so sorry" I say, she laughs.

"Just get me to the kitchen, it's a little hole in my leg, I'll live" she says making me laugh, she's so strong. I pick her up carrying her to the kitchen. I sit her down on the kitchen island.

"Auntie Lucia, what happened to your leg?" Scarlet asks. Lucia shimmies her way out of her jeans before replying.

"I just fell and cut myself, now go back and finish your dinner" she says, Scarlet nods, not bothering to ask about the loud bang and she goes back to the dining room.

I place the first aid kit on the island and kiss her head. "I can fix it" I smile.

"Okay Bob the builder" she jokes, I laugh as I spray some stuff on a cotton pad and wipe the blood from her wound. "You're so weird" I say, she raises her eyebrow.

"Why am I weird?" She asks.

"Because you are joking and laughing, you're not crying or wincing. You are the strongest person I have ever met" I tell her, she smiles.

"Well it doesn't really hurt" she says, I chuckle and wrap a bandage around her leg.

"There" I smile picking her up off of the island and setting her down on her working leg. "You're just going to have to hop around for a few days" I say making her laugh.

"Okay Doctor Luke" she says grabbing onto my shoulder. "Help me hop to the dining room" she tells me, I nod and walk to the dining room as she hops beside me.

"Is your cut okay Auntie Lucia?" Scarlet asks concerned, she nods smiling.

"Doctor Luke fixed it all up for me" she says making Scarlet giggle. "Now let's get you to bed" she says about to pick her up but I stop her and picking her up myself.

We walk to Scarlet's bedroom, I put her in the bed and tuck her in while Lucia hopes to the book shelf picking out a book. "How about, red rinding hood?" She asks Scarlet nods. Lucia sits on the bed and begins reading it, saying that I'm the big bad wolf.

After Scarlet falls asleep, I pick Lucia up making her laugh quietly and I walk to our bedroom. "Don't hit my head this time" she says, I laugh and walk in missing her head by a bit. I place her on the bed.

"I'm going to kill Trever painfully slow, for shooting you" I say as I hover above her. She smiles and wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me down so she can kiss me.

"You're amazing Luke, I love you so much. But I'm so worried, this man is strong and powerful. What if-" I cut her off by kissing her again.

"What if nothing, I will kill him" I whisper kissing her neck. "I love you more han you can imagine" I breath against her neck making her moan breathlessly.