Chapter 8 - Conflicted

Sera couldn't sleep, she looked next to her and saw Calvin sleeping. She couldn't believe that he was there, she smiled to herself, she had enjoyed his company and even having sex with him for the first time, it felt amazing. She still loved him just as she did the day she decided to leave for Atlanta. She had thought about Calvin just as much as she had thought about Reece too.

She looked to the bedside table and saw her cell light up. She picked it up and saw a message from Reece as he now had her new number, she had given it to him before they left to head back to LA. She opened the message.

Reece
I can't wait to see you and Cassius in two days. I've got you a place set up, all paid for, for you and my son. I know it's the early hours there but I just wanted to let you know. Hell, I just wanted to let you know that I can't stop thinking about you again too, since I saw you. I'm hoping we can talk when you get back here. Talk properly. I wanna fresh start with you, things were too messed up before, I want us to get past this.

"Girl Why are you not sleeping?." Calvin said making her jump.

"Because last night was crazy and unreal.. you're here... right here by my side.. I... I just didn't think that I would see you again.."

"I would have made it my business to come and find you at some point

"I would have made it my business to come and find you at some point..." he said to her with a smile. He pulled her back down beside him. "So how was last night for you?."

She smiled and he kissed her neck. "It was amazing, nothing like I thought it would be with you...

"And what does that mean?."

"Well, you were sweet, sexy and you made love to me.. I was half expecting a quick bang and a promise.."

He laughed out loud. "Wow Sera!..

"That was the impression that you always gave.."
She laughed as he tickled her.

He then stopped and they both looked each other in the eyes. "Round two?." He said to her and she smiled as he pulled her back down under him.

————-

Reece sat in his office at his fronting business. Diana walked in and looked at him. He raised his eyebrows. "What brings you here.. are the girls okay?." He said sitting back in his chair and looking at her.

"Everyone is good

"Everyone is good... I just wanted to make sure it is between us to and to apologise for my father.."

"You dont need to apologise for him.. but, I am glad you came..

"You are?." She smiled.

He nodded. "Yeah.. look, me living in the same house as you is tough on you, it's tough on me and I know there is a difference in Kerrigan and Ricci.. they know we're not sleeping in the same room... the twins don't know much just yet.. but this isn't working... so, I'm moving out.." he told her. "Before it gets to confusing and to complicated.. for them."

Diana's heart broke, but she was tired of trying to hold on to this man who wanted to be gone so badly. She swallowed hard and nodded. "Will you be moving in with her.. I saw that you purchased a new property outright.. is that for all of you?."

"That is for Sera and my son.. not me.. I've got my own thing going on.. she's just moving closer to me so that I can be in my sons life.."

"If I would have given you a son would you have stayed with me?."

He sighed. "Diana, no.. it's not about that. You know how and why we got together...

"Yes but I love you.. I did from the start.. you're not an easy man to get over and you're all I know...

"All you need to do is stop living in yo daddy's shadow girl.. get you a man that truly wants you.. why ruin yo life waiting for someone who just doesn't feel the same.." he told her honestly.

She looked at him with hurt in her eyes. She said no more and instead just turned and walked out. He knew her father would be the next to visit but he was past caring about what he thought now. In fact he was ready to bring her father to his knees if needs be, he had allowed him too much room and mouth around him already.

————-

"Girl.. I have got to get up and sign this deal with Orion..." Calvin said kissing Sera's forehead.

"Can't you stay one more day and fly back with us tomorrow?." She asked him. "I don't wanna be left alone with Orion on my tail.. you know he will come back as soon as you're gone... feeling burned for having to leave... he will take that shit out on me and that will be on you..." she said to him with her eyebrows raised.

He smiled. "You know I would never let anything happen to you and it means that you can fly back in style too...

"Oh my god... You haven't?...

"I have.. aye! I'll tell you he can't do without me now so I get to use all of his assets.. and the jet is just one of them perks.."

"Does he know that you were coming to Atlanta?." She said.

He shook his head. "Do you think he would let me just come out especially since he knows you're out here now?.. He knew about the meet and what we stood to get out of it, but as I said he doesn't get involved in the day to day he is too big for that so he had no idea where this meet was taking place... you know, I hated the mother fucker but let me tell you he is crazy loaded, crazy connected and he is quite a dangerous guy.. girl seriously you don't even really know who yo baby daddy is do you?."

"Not really, he's always been placid around me... I mean I get what he does is bad but I don't know the extent of it.."

"Put it this way... I'm lucky to be alive.. I think he saw potential in me.. that's the only reason I'm here now.." he said to her. "I put the man in a coma.. I should be dead.." he added. "And to top it all I'm here with you...

"Umm.. There is no me and him to speak of.. we've just got a child to raise, that's it.."

"He won't ever see it that way.. you think he would entertain me and you being together.. me being in his sons life?." He said to her, he then shook his head. "No way.. So I have to lose out.. catching moments is this with you is all it will ever be.."

"So you just used me too?." She said to him.

"I would never do that, but the situation ain't an easy one... girl I can be with you whenever you need me to be but we need to keep it on the low..."

Sera just looked after him as he left her place. His tone had changed from how much he had promised that he would be there to help raise her son to now, she sighed, being involved with these men was definitely not smooth running.....