Chapter 24 - unpredictable

".... Why are you and my son not at home?." Reece said to Sera as she picked up the phone.

"I didn't realise that you wanted us there full time yet.... I'm back at my place.." she said to him later that evening.

"Yo daddy asked about you today.. you know I'm here for you when you're ready to talk to him right?.."

"Yeah... of course I know you are... how about I cook dinner for you tomorrow night here at my place?." She asked him.

"I like the sound of that.." he said to her.

"We can discuss my next move then.." she added.

"I love you." He said to her.

"I love you too." She replied, although she felt strange saying it. After all this time it actually felt right. Despite what they had gone through she always had deep feelings for him and that had never changed.

It was almost 8 as she ended the call. Tamara was out, Sera barely ever saw her now she was in LA she was living her best life. Bang on 8pm Calvin's car pulled into the drive. Sera took a deep breath and opened the door to him. He walked on inside as if he owned the place.
"Why don't you come on in!." She said to him sarcastically.

"So you and him fucking each other again?

"So you and him fucking each other again?.." he said irate.

"actually, no! He's older, he is much wiser, and he isn't gonna rush in to anything.. I don't know what you expect me to say here Calvin... you were with China last night... I definitely was not in your fucking mind then was I, so what is this?.." she said wanting to understand.

"you know that it's you that I want, you know that it's you that I've always wanted....

"Well you don't show it...

"The reason I said that we would only be able to see each other now and again was because I work for Reece... It would save you hassle and upsets..." he told her. "that wasn't an invitation for you get back with him!.."

"I don't like being like this with you, you have always been a solid person in my life... We should have never started this, I should've never slept with you..." she shook her head.

"Don't say that... it's what we both wanted... and you know it was... like I know it still is.."

"No it's not

"No it's not... Calvin you know better than anyone that I have been looking for love... how cautious I am to not be that girl to sleep around...

"But you did though... you slept with him and then you slept with me.. so you are now that girl.."

"Dont you fucking dare!..." she snapped. "You need to go Calvin..."

He stood in front of the door to stop her from opening it for him. "What changed... we were fucking each other a month ago.. and you wanted me.. now you don't even wanna fucking talk!.."

"I wanted more... you weren't even ready to make a commitment.. and then last night you slept with China and probably have been the whole time... and others...

"And what Sera!.. you broke my fucking heart the second you fucked with him... acting like I was just a friend. Always stuck in the fucking friend zone... I fucking loved you and you knew that..." he snapped angrily.

"I'm sorry... okay... I'm sorry.. but I love him... and you need to just let go now Calvin.. please... just let me go..."

He shook his head. "Reece needs to know about the cock teaser that you are..."

"Please stop... he doesn't need to know anything... and for that comment... you can get the fuck out of my life and leave me alone... you've changed so much I used to be able to talk to you... now you think you're something... we had sex, that was what it boiled down too... and that was all it ever was to you...

"It was more than that..." he stood close to her. "and I would be careful if I were you...

"Careful of what?.. what are you gonna do Calvin... you're bullying me now, blackmail... a slap for talking back to you... what are you gonna do!...." She shook her head. "why do you want to hurt me so much!.."

Calvin was beyond angry now. "Trust me... that mother fucker is about to find out just what you are.. and guess what.. I won't be there for you to fucking cry on my shoulder..." he shook his head. "Fuck you Sera!." He said and walked out.

Sera started crying as soon as he left. He upset her just as much as it upset her that they were now like this with each other, exactly what she didn't want to happen. This was what she had been afraid of with them getting together intimately. He had been her best friend and she now wished that they had left it there.

—————

Romeo finished putting the crib together for the baby. He was going to be a father again real soon and he was a little apprehensive about it, but excited too. "You look deep in thought there.." Maddison said bringing him back to reality. He turned and looked at her.

He smiled. "I'm gonna be a daddy again.. This time I'm gonna get it right... I took my eye off the ball with Sera...

 I took my eye off the ball with Sera

"Romeo she's not a bad person at all.." she said to him. "You grew apart.. you went to jail at a crucial time in her life... she had to find herself that was all.."

"She is the mother of a kingpins child.. she has a thug hot on her tail constantly.... that is not how I wanted her life to be, that is not how I planned for my baby girl to turn out...

"And her life took that route after you went to jail.. I envy her, the way that she just picked herself up and carried on when all she ever had in the world was you.." she told him. "You just need to find her and talk to her and get everything out in the open so that you can both move forward." She added.

He sighed. "I just hope it's not to late for that.."

————-

Sera was on egg shells the next morning. She was worried what Calvin's next move was going to be. She also realised that she was late on her monthly and she had put that to the back of her mind for now because she had no reason to think anything of it. She was thinking that maybe the stress of coming back to LA and having to put up with Calvin and hearing that another man could be her father could have put stress on her system, and that could've been causing her late monthly.

She changed and cuddled with her son. "Are we gonna stay with daddy tonight" she said to him with a smile as she kissed the top of his head. She was still nervous, Calvin is different to the man she knew before she left for Atlanta. He was unpredictable, he had come up in the game she was scared that he would lose her both hers and her sons chance of being happy, with Reece.....