Chapter 17 - Dinner pt1

Sera looked at the time on her cell, she needed to be at her fathers for 6.30, it was 5.45 and Reece finally pulled up with Cassius. She opened the door. "You couldn't tell me what time you were bringing him home?... I've got places to be..

He handed Cassius to her. "I need to go, he's been fed, changed and he's tired now.." he walked away from her he was fed up of getting into arguments with her.

She watched him go as she held her son. She didn't like that they were this way with each other. She remembered back to Vegas, his touch, the way he made love to her, he was much wiser and so experienced, she remembered all the things they talked about. She hated this unsettled uncertainty that resonated between them now.

She went inside with Cassius and he was tired she could see that. She had a car seat for a car if needed as she didn't drive herself. But she had still some time before she needed to leave and Calvin would be picking her up, so she lie him in his travel crib in the lounge and he instantly went to sleep. She smiled. "Daddy wear you out huh?.."

She sat down and just watched him.

SERA'S POV
He's the best father that I could wish for my son. He's good with kids, he's experienced in all ways, and to think he wanted me. Why do I always fuck things up, now he doesn't look at me the same anymore, not like he did back then. I wish I was different, I wish I could commit to him, what am I scared of, I don't even know.

———-

".... Come on in.." Romeo said as he opened the door to Reece. He had roses in his hand. "For me?.. you shouldn't have."

"Don't be an ass

"Don't be an ass... I told you I wanna try and make an effort with Sera... is she here yet?."

"No...

"I avoided any kind of confrontation with her when I dropped Cass off this afternoon... I didn't want to ruin what could be a good night.."

Maddison smiled awkwardly as she took Reece's jacket. She was always so wary of him. He had always scared her for some reason.

"Where's yo car man?." Romeo asked him as he realised his car arrived and had now gone.

"Carlos is running business errands tonight so I said he could use the ghost but he gotta pick me up.. and it also means I can drink.. so where the fuck is my Henny man, what kinds host are you?." He smirked.
Romeo went to get him a drink, he looked at Maddison. "So not long for you now too." Reece said nodding to her bump.

"3 months and he or she will be here...

"You didn't find out the sex?."

"No.. I wanted it to be a surprise.. we're just keeping everything neutral at the moment pastel yellow and green and then when we know we're gonna stencil some pictures on the wall.." she said, she smiled when she spoke about the baby, she couldn't wait to be a mommy.

Reece smiled. "I think you would make a good Mom... you've got that look in yo eyes.. and Romeo deserves someone who is grounded and honest... it's been a long time for him, and he is good people...

Romeo came back and handed him his drink.

———-

"Calvin... where are you?.." sera said pacing as he was not there to pick her up.

She called him. He picked up but he was out of breath. "Sera?... I'm a lil busy...

" we are supposed to be going to my fathers, he was supposed to pick me up.."

"Shit! I forgot.. I'll make it up you some other day.. I gotta go." He said and ended the call.

"Thanks a fucking bunch." She said to herself and got flustered as Cass started to cry and she needed to get a cab booked.

————

".... I've known this guy right here since we were teenagers.. running the block together... we used to get up to all sorts back then...

"So you knew he was Sera's father?." Maddison said.

He shook his head. "Naw, I knew he had a kid but we kept out private lives very much separate back then.. we didn't want them involved in anything...

Just then the doorbell rang. "That'll be Sera.. play nice Reece, please.." he said as he went to the door.

Reece laughed and carried on talking to Maddison about things in general.

Romeo opened the door, his smile for his baby girl faded when he saw her crying. "Sera?.. what's wrong baby?.."

"I don't know dad... I'm not coping.. I don't know if it's being back in LA.. but I cant get my head together or get a grip on anything... I can't even stop Cassius crying.. he just won't stop tonight.." she said in tears.

Reece heard her voice and he wandered out to the hallway

Reece heard her voice and he wandered out to the hallway. He and Romeo looked at each other as he held his daughter against him and she was sobbing. "Sera... Sera baby..
she looked up at her dad and she saw Reece.

He picked up his son from the car seat. He instantly stopped crying and snuggled into his daddy. "He's just tired.. I told you he was tired.."

"He's not properly settled since we got back here.. I should have stayed in Atlanta, everything made sense in Atlanta, since I've been back here nothing makes sense to me anymore... I don't know what I'm doing here apart from being everybody's pain in the ass..."

Romeo took Cassius from Reece and he headed into the lounge so that they could talk. "You're not a pain in the ass.. and I have been hard on you.. truth is Sera, you know how I feel about you.. but a man like me needs to know that things at home are good, I need to be able to trust my woman, I need to be able to come home and relax and not keep worrying about things could be going wrong at home... You don't fill me with much trust right now... you kept my son from me.. you've done some childish shit and you know it... but I still can't shake you..." he walked up to her. "I wanted to come here tonight to tell you that... If you want to.. I want us to try again.. there is nothing stopping me being with you now, you have my son, I haven't stopped thinking about you since the day in Atlanta, and I know I said some fucked-up things to you... but I was in my feelings and i admit that...

"and you tell me this now.." she said and got upset again as she couldn't tell him that her and Calvin were casual fuck buddies now.

"that was my childish side showing out but I know I'm better than the ass that I've been to you.. and if you're willing to let me make it up to you.. I can relieve some of that pressure that you're feeling.. I can be around more for Cassius." He paused. "And for you..." he said looking at her. He smiled. "Cmon, let's go eat.....