Chapter 20 - Lean on me

Sera just wandered after she walked out of the cafe. She could see people smiling and talking, walking along the street, but her mind was so stuck on what Marcus had told her she couldn't even hear anything but her thoughts. She didn't want to talk to Maddison, she was to close to Romeo, she didn't want to talk to Calvin, as she realised they were nothing more than friends with benefits. She didn't want to contact China, she was too childish and wouldn't help her in this situation or even know how to. Tamara was focusing on herself and what she needed to do. So there was only one other person who she knew she could rely on for sound advice and to help her understand the situation.
She took out her cell phone and she pressed to call.

"Sera?.."

"Are you free...

"It's my day with my son...

"I know.. but I need to talk to someone." She said and couldn't stop her tears.

"Aite, where you at right now?." He asked her.

"Umm.." she looked around her, her mind was that engrossed on what she'd heard she didn't even think about where she was. "I'm outside your offices, I didn't even realise I got here..."

"Okay... I'll be down in 2 seconds.. wait in the foyer for me" he said to her and ended the call.

———-

Reece looked at Diana. " I need to pop downstairs and talk to Sera for a minute... can you stay with...

"Of course I can" she said and watched him as he walked out of the office

He headed down in the elevator and walked to the foyer, people nodding and greeting him as they did. It was crazy how this man that all of these business people held in high regard was in fact the head of a criminal organisation and not one of them had a clue.

He saw Sera sitting by the window on the plush sofa. He walked over to her. He sat on the one opposite her. "What's wrong?."

She looked at him and her eyes welled. "I met someone today... he told me he knew about my mom.. he offered to take me for coffee so that he could tell me a little bit more about her" she paused as a tear dropped onto her cheek. "He told me my dad did something, and I am so confused...

"What was his name?."

"Marcus Walker...
Reece sighed and shook his head. "You know him to, don't you...

He nodded. "Yeah.. he used to run with us when we were teens... I didn't get involved in the beef he had with yo father... I kept out of it... I knew it was bad whatever it was....

"He said that." She turned her voice to a low whisper. "My dad killed my mom.. and that Marcus is my dad.. not Romeo... it's not right is it?.. please don't tell me it's true.." she said and wiped her eyes on her hand, trying to blot away the tears that were coming fast.

"You're gonna need to talk to Romeo.. I don't know the ins and outs but I do know it was bad... and Marcus ended up in jail because Romeo put him there... And everyone found it strange that his wife just up and left him and his kid.. meaning you, I mean obviously I didn't know that that was you back then...

She looked at him. "I don't know what to do if this is true... Who do I have left if this is true?..." she hid her face as she cried harder.

Reece walked over and sat next to her. "You've got me... always... Sera, I would do anything for you... I don't even wanna see you cry, I love it when you smile... and I've always been here for you... I am just waiting for you to see that...

"I'm not good in relationships I thought I was, I thought that I had it all worked out and that I knew what I wanted

"I'm not good in relationships I thought I was, I thought that I had it all worked out and that I knew what I wanted... But when it comes down to it, my mama leaving me... it changed me and I don't trust people and as much as I..." she paused and looked at him. "Love you.... I am so scared that I'm going to have my heart broken, that I...I pushback and I pull away from commitment... when you promised to leave Diana and you didn't, it justified all of those feelings and thoughts that I had, that you were just going to hurt me, you had done what you wanted you had gotten from me what you needed and that was it I was on my own again...

Reece sighed and looked at her. "I couldn't just walk away... I told you I would and I did, I have... I know I hurt you.. but I never lied to you... I was yo first and yo only...
Sera swallowed hard as she thought about Calvin, but he didn't need to know that had gone on.
"Let me be here for you... Lean on me Sera.. i'm not this crazy fucked-up person that everyone thinks I am when it comes to family... and I've had my sights set on you for a long, long time.." he told her.

She put her head on his shoulder, she needed him. He was grown, he was experienced and wise, he talked sense and he calmed her down. She knew she needed his support and his protection of her heart right now. She looked at him and he did her. They moved closer together and their lips met.

She pulled back after the kiss. "Where is Cassius?." She asked.

"he is being looked after upstairs, he's fine... He is learning how to be a businessman like his father" he said to her with a smile. "besides, I'm not staying here for much longer.. do you wanna come back to my place!." He asked her.

She nodded. "Yeah...

"Okay... let me go and get lil man, and then we can go.. wait here for me," he told her as he headed back to the elevator.

————-

Romeo tried to call Sera, the phone went to voicemail a few times. He knew his daughter was going through something and that she was in her feelings all the time at the moment, unsettled, confused and indecisive. He just wanted her to know that he was there, he raised her and he loved her. He needed her in his life he wouldn't be able to feel complete if Sera wasn't around him. He also knew that the entire Madison saga had really broken her trust in him, lost her her best friend even though they were talking again, it would never be the same. He just wanted to help her and be there for her if and when she needed him. He left her a voicemail.

"Hey Angel, it's yo daddy

"Hey Angel, it's yo daddy.. i'm just wondering where you are and what you're up to... I know you're keeping yo distance from Reece, Calvin and even me and Madison... But it doesn't stop me caring about you, I just need to know that you're okay... I love you pumpkin." He said and ended the message.