Chapter 11 - Not that easy

Tamara had gone to see the sights of LA. She had been chomping at the bit to get out all morning. Sera still was unsure about the word outside of her door being back here in LA. So she decided to indulge in the perks of her new home.

She took Cassius into the pool and held him in her arms. Watching him smile was the best feeling ever. "You like that.. my lil water baby." She said to him engrossed in him.

"Well would you look at you two...

Sera looked up quick and saw Reece standing by the poolside

"How did you get in here?." She said to him.

"I bought this shit.. so of course I've got myself a key.. how else am I'm gonna check in on my son and my.." he paused. "His mama.." he smiled. "Why don't you come on up outta that pool and talk to me.."

Sera walked to the side of the pool. "There's a towel on the chair right there for Cassius." She said and pointed to it.
Reece picked it up and then took his son from her arms to dry him off as Sera climbed out of the pool.
Reece watched her, he couldn't help it. She was a beautiful girl.

He watched as she wrapped herself in the towel she had laid out for herself. "So, do you like this place..

"I do but I don't want you just calling in unannounced...

"Why?. Are you gonna have some other guy up in here?." He said to her.

She sighed and shook her head. "No.. I've not even thought about that.. I don't want any man right now I just wanna raise my boy.. our boy...

He handed her their son as he kissed his head. "I wanna take him this weekend.. I need to bond with my son.. and if it's true that you ain't looking for a relationship.. well then that's cool too.. I'm not gonna waste my life chasing you... I'll take care of you and Cassius financially.. anything you need just call me.." he said and walked away.

Sera raised her eyebrows as he left, she was expecting more than a quick stand down on his part. She was taken back but it made her feel as if she had a little more freedom now.

————

Romeo and Calvin were offloading a shipment from the connect that they had just brought in. Romeo looked at Calvin as they waited in the car. "This thing with you and Sera..

Calvin rolled his eyes and shook his head

Calvin rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Man I don't need...

"Just hear me out... shes my baby girl.. I care about her.. I hate that she is mixed up between you and Reece.. I also hate the fact that she has a kid with him.. I'm asking you to not make her life difficult now she's back here.. you had yo chance and you blew it in Miami.." he said to him. "The only thing that is going to happen now if you don't let go of her is she will never be free... she will constantly be back and forth between you and Reece like a fucking tennis ball.."

"I love her..." he shook his head and sucked his teeth. "Reece Roberts doesn't love her!.. he got her knocked up that's it.. now he's in overprotective mode, because she has his son... no other reason, he got a wife with four daughters he fucked around on her... So if you don't want better for yo daughter then that's on you man... Because I would never treat her that way.."

"You did treat her that way!.." he said raising his voice. "why the hell do you think she would want to be in a relationship with you Calvin?... you fuck with China a lot.. and that's her friend, she's very aware of that, she also came to you to tell you that she loved you in Miami.. and she wanted to be with you.. yet she found you in bed with some other girl... so you've already treated her the same way.. neither of you are good enough for her.."

"I don't hear you saying shit to Reece.. just me.. where the fuck were you when she needed you though man?... huh?.."

"I've got to put my own mistakes with her right.. I know that.. I'm just asking you to not get her caught up in anything now she's back...

"Here's Ronell.." Calvin said and nodded ahead as the car pulled up. "Let's do this...

Romeo pulled him back. "I meant what I said...
Calvin just looked at him.

———-

"... girl I can't believe you're back.." China said giving Sera a hug. "But it is so good to have you back." She added. "And look at this lil man." She looked at Cassius. "Shiiidd.. he looks just like his daddy.." China looked at Sera. "How are things with his daddy?."

"We're just co-parenting that's it..

"Well.. you know my sister Fran is a good baby sitter.. so I've asked her to look after Cassius tonight so that you can come to Dazzlers and see the girls.. It's been a while and everyone misses you.." she said.

"I don't know...

"Come on.. please?." She said.

"Okay.. I'll come but just for a couple of hours..."

"Yesss.. girl you won't regret it.. it's my night off but some of the others are dancing tonight.. they will be stoked to see you." She said. "I'll see you at the club around 9.." she added as she left.

Sera was about to go back inside when a white Mercedes soft top pulled into her drive. She looked at the car and then she saw Diana get. Her stomach churned, as she put on her shades and walked towards her. She walked slowly and looked around the place. "So this is you now then.. this is what he bought for you.. now that you've got your cleats well and truly in...

"Diana...

She shook her head. "Don't ever say my name again... I wanted to believe that all these girls that take their clothes off for men and dance for them were more than scandalous hos.. I fought to make it better place for women.. All you did was prove that what people say is true... you're a home wrecker, you must really enjoy tearing people... and families apart..."

"I didn't plan on it..

"But you knew he was married.. DIDN'T YOU!.." she snapped.

Sera went quiet. "Yes... yes I did.. but I didn't expect to sleep with him or to fall in love with him..

Diana shook her head. "I'm gonna make your life hell in the community.. I hope you know that.. you being back in LA and not with Reece.. doesn't mean that you get an easy ride.. I'm an influential woman in an influential position... my family are connected to the government... keep your distance from me as of now... I can ruin you.. and make you wish that you never came back here..." she said and turned and left.

Sera just watched her leave, she closed her eyes she knew none of this was going to be easy.
She looked back at her son in his bouncing chair, she smiled. She loved him so much, she just wanted everything else to go away.