Chapter 19 - Distancing

It had been 3 weeks since the dinner at Romeo's. Sera had taken Maddison's advice and she kept herself busy and away from Calvin and Reece, she allowed him to see his son but Romeo or Carlos would collect him and bring him back.

She distanced herself from everyone. She needed that, to slip back into being in LA but not feeling the pressure of the people around her.

She had just let Carlos take Cassius to see his father. She decided on a peaceful day at home, just catching up on a few things. She had not much else to do, Reece paid for everything. She also had a very hefty allowance for Cassius from him monthly which meant with her house and bills paid for she had more than enough, more than what she actually knew what to do with.

She was about to start tidying when there was a knock at the door. She answered it and saw a man around her fathers age staring back at her. "Can I help you?."

He smiled, "Sera Decker?."
She nodded.
"Hi.. my name is Marcus Walker.. I was wondering if I could have a few moments of yo time..."

"Look, I'm sorry I don't know who you are so I can't let you in..."

"I'm a friend of yo mama's and yo daddy to.. Romeo.."

"You knew my mom?.." she said, she had always wanted to know more about her. "Do you know where she is?."

"Yes I do.." he paused. "I don't need to come inside if that bothers you.. why don't we got for a coffee somewhere..."

"Okay

"Okay.." she said to him, she was now intrigued.

————

Reece smiled as Carlos brought his son to him. He knew that Sera needed space and he was too busy to pander to her so he was in to his business and just seeing his son regularly.

Diana was sat in his office at his business front and she watched as he took his son from Carlos. She saw the way he was with him, the smile on his face. She knew he wanted a son and with every pregnancy she hoped and prayed that she had given him one, but 4 daughters later, here she was sat watching him with his son from another woman. "Can I... umm.. can I hold him?." She asked him.

He nodded. She got up from her seat and walked around to where he was. She looked at him and she took him from his daddy's arms. "Will you look at you... looking just like your daddy.." she said with a beaming smile. "He is so cute... I mean he is so you.." she said and looked at him.

He smiled. "I know he definitely took all of my genes." He stood up. "So, what did dear daddy have to say?.." he asked her.

"He misses you in business and he knows that he can't do without you... he asked me to come and see you..." she said to him. "Just to see if anything can be rekindled." She added.

He sat back and shook his head. "Diana you know yo self now that not all of my business's are legit ones.. he's better off not being involved and I actually like it that way.. me and Devon never did see eye to eye on much.."

Diana sighed

Diana sighed. "I would have given anything to give you a son...

He raised his eyebrows. "And you think that I'm not happy with my baby girls.. I love all of my kids Diana.. that's just yo daddy's voice in yo head.. he would be the one hell bent on an heir... me, I'm just happy and thankful that my babies are all healthy.." he said.

Diana nodded. "Come to dinner... Ricci and Kerrigan miss having you around..

"Di...

"Nothing more.. just dinner, let them see us getting on, it will put their minds at rest too.." She said to him. "And bring this one... he's got two older sisters who would love to make a fuss of him.." she added.

He nodded. "Aite, let me know when." He said, and they carried on talking about Devon.

————

The waitress brought two coffees over to the table in the cafe. "Thank you." Sera said to her with a smile as she walked away. She then looked at Marcus. "So, tell me how you know my family.. tell me about my mom.."

"Me and yo daddy go way back.. I ran with him out here in the streets of LA.." he sniggered. "we all thought we were as bad as hell back then." He looked at her. "Yo mama was beautiful.. she was a good person, she was overjoyed to be pregnant with you.."

Sera raised her eyebrows. "So overjoyed that she walked away from me.. because being a mother to me was too much for her, what did I do to make her feel that way?.. I was just a child.."

"I can assure you she loved you and she didn't ever wanna leave you..

"But she did."

He took a deep breath. "You look a lot like her.. you also come across like she did.. all is not what it seems to be to you Sera... there are a lot of things that have been left unsaid.."

"Like what?."

"You need to talk to yo father.. yo mom didn't walk away from you.. it would have been the last thing that she would have ever done...

Sera just looked at him.
"My dad told me she wasn't ready to be a mom it was too much for her...

"I was in a relationship with her Sera.. I had been for years.. we loved each other.. I let him raise you for her sake..because she asked me to let sleeping dogs lie.. he found out..

"Excuse me what the fuck is this?..." she said her brow furrowed.

"You know the temper that yo dad has.. I'm sure you've seen it..

"No never.. what...

"He found out when you were just small.. he lost his temper and he umm... well he made sure that she never breathed a breath again...

Sera shook her head. "You're lying.. not my dad.. he wouldn't do that.. he's not that person!.." she said in complete disbelief.

"You're my daughter.. mine and yo mama's...

"YOU ARE FUCKING LYING!.." she snapped and stood up, everyone in the cafe just stopped and watched.
"If that is fucking true why didn't you claim me.. and why did he continue to raise me as his own!.." she slammed her hands on the table.

"Sit down!.." he said to her, seeing the attention that she was drawing. "I swear to God if you want to know everything then you need to sit down.."
Sera sat back down. She just looked at him. "He found out, he had her dealt with.. and then he turned his attention to me when I asked to take you...he had me hunted and put in jail.. for 10 years when I was finally found... I had to get out of LA and go into hiding before that... he kept me away from you... but there wasn't a day that went by that I didn't think about you..." he told her.

Sera just stared, devastated and confused.....