Chapter 18 - Dinner pt2

".... We used to do this thing where we acted as each other's wingmen back in the day." Romeo said. "He used to go up and talk to the girls and then invite me over as his brother and we used to get a lot of attention because Reece told  them...

"We were pro ballers.." Reece laughed. "Which at college I was.. or at least heading that way.." He said.

"You look like you both belong on a court

"You look like you both belong on a court." Maddison said. She looked at Sera who was crazily quiet and hadn't said a word. "What about you Sera.. didn't you think so?.."

Sera looked up. She smiled slightly. "Yeah.." she answered.

Romeo looked at his daughter. "Sera.. we didn't want you to come back to LA and for it to be like this... all I want is for you to be happy.. I need to see you smile more baby girl.. I don't see you smile anymore.."

She took a deep breath and sighed. "Things in my life didn't go according to plan that's all.. 3 years ago I had a plan, make my money, start my own business... I even..." she stopped and looked at Reece. "It just didn't work out.."

"That's the way life goes sometimes.. I am just sorry that I wasn't there to guide you when you needed me the most...

Maddison had tears in her eyes, she was already a bag of emotion because of her pregnancy but seeing Sera so down and lost really upset her. Because she knew how strong she used to be, now she just seemed so indecisive and scared and just not the same girl anymore.

Romeo looked at Reece. "How did you even start a thing with my baby girl?." He asked him.

Reece smiled and looked to the side at Sera. "I was at the club one night.. just checking on shit as I do from time to time and she caught my eye.... Now I've had hundreds of girls go through that club and I've never been turned by any of them.. it was always a rule of mine to not get mixed up with the merchandise.." he said. "I was just sitting there and this beautiful girl walked across the room. She was fully dressed at this point I might add so it had nothing to do with her dancing... she stopped me dead in my tracks...
He looked at her again trying to gage her.
"I couldn't help it after that.. I had to book her just to see her...

Sera smiled at the corner of her lips. "He used to show up the apartment with flowers, chocolate, perfume, jewellery... I would wake up every morning to something new that had either been delivered by someone else or in person..." she said. "Then I started to see a different side to Reece.. all the girls were worried about being around him in case he kicked off everyone knew he had a temper and no one wanted to get on his bad side including you Maddison...

Maddison sniggered. "It's true.. you scare the shit out of me and as soon as I knew my girl was becoming your go to I was worried you would... or she would get caught up...

Reece smirked. "I have done some shit.. but I don't pick fights with anyone that isn't involved in the same business as me...

"You just have this whole air about you...