Chapter 21 - Getting along

Reece sat back on the sofa in his home with Sera resting in the crook of his arm. Cassius was sleeping upstairs in his crib. He kissed the top of her head. "Do you want some food?.."

"My dad is calling me again.." she said.

Reece took the phone from her, he switched it off. "Don't think about it right now... you need to get yo head straight and then talk to him.." he told her.

"Can you be there when I talk to him

"Can you be there when I talk to him.. please.. I'm just running out of people to trust right now.." she said.

"I can be where ever you want me to be, now let me make you some food nobody can think on an empty stomach right... and I make a mean chicken curry." He said with a smile. "In fact.. come and help me, you can be my apprentice chef it will take yo mind off of things for a while...."

" you get to cook, and I get to chop and prep... How is that fair" she said with a smile.

He pulled her by her hand up from the sofa. "Never let it be said that I can't show you a good time.." he said and pulled her to the kitchen with him.

————

"... Aite!.. hold on!" Romeo yelled as someone was banging down his front door. He opened it and saw Calvin looking back at him.

"I need to talk to Sera...

" don't we all! I have no idea where she is right now I have tried to call her myself

" don't we all! I have no idea where she is right now I have tried to call her myself... You would be better off not even trying to mess with her right now... You're the reason she's backed off of everyone again... You cannot leave her alone and you know it's in her best interests for you to stay the fuck away from her Calvin!.."

"her best interests or yours?" He replied his face straight his voice angered. "You just don't like the fact it's me she wants, it is me she's been close to more so than the rest of y'all.." he shook his head. "when you were in jail she needed someone ...I was that fucking person, I was the one who lived with her, kept her spirits up and kept her heading in the right direction
.... because she would have sunk like the fucking Titanic if I wouldn't have been there to pick her up
.... over you!.. some fucking father you are!..

Romeo grabbed him by his shirt. "keep pushing my buttons motherfucker and Reece will be the least of yo fucking worries.. he should have dead yo ass after the coma... there is no way in the world I would have let you off of that shit... he's a better man than me.. I'm warning you.. stay the fuck away from my daughter.. you're trouble.."

"Yeah... we'll fucking see who's trouble... let's see just how much trouble I can cause..." he said and walked away from the house.

————-

"..... don't open it that way up.....

Sera fell about laughing as the pistachio's rolled across the floor in the kitchen. "Well if you opened them the right way the first time like any normal person, I would've not just spilled them all over your floor.." she said to him.

Reece pulled her to him. "I run my kitchen the way I like it... upside down, inside out... organised chaos that's me.."

Sera looked up at him and smiled as he held her. "You mean your wife used to do all the cooking and cleaning and that's why here on your own it's chaos.."

"I'm on the lookout for a house maid... I'm too busy..." he looked down into her eyes. They looked at each other and kissed. This time it was longer it was passionate. "I forgot just how soft yo lips were..." he said. "You wanna stay tonight?.."
She thought about it and he noticed her pondering on it, then she nodded. "I don't want to rush it.. it's not about sex.. I can make you feel good in so many other ways.." he added.

"Oh yeah... well seeing as you're the father of my baby and we've only had sex a couple of times in Vegas... I think you owe me...

"Oh okay... I hear that..."

"The girl at the club...

He rolled his eyes. "I knew that was coming..."

"She's just so pretty and confident and nothing like me...

"She's an ex... from years ago... she's a tease nothing more... she's the type of girls that most men would take home for just one night and she would be cool with that... she wanted that with me that night and I was like naw... there is something that you should already know about me Sera, I don't fuck around, if I've got my eyes on someone and I'm into that person and that's the person I'm waiting for, I'm not just gonna go and fuck anybody!.." he kissed her lips. "And it doesn't matter that she's confident, sexy what ever... because to me you're all that and more... so I wouldn't entertain a one night stand if I knew it would jeopardise me and you... I mean you've been fucking loyal.. and I know you don't fuck around... I love knowing that all of you is mine.."

"You make me happy... but I don't wanna be led into a false sense of security... surely you can see that.. my mind is pretty messed up right now.."

"I wouldn't do a thing to hurt you.. and I want nothing more than you and my son by my side.." he said to her. "Now let me cook... and get out of my chaotic kitchen, take yo ass back in there and have a drink watch some TV and just chill out... You are with me now no one is gonna hurt you here.." he added and smiled as she kissed his lips and headed back into the room.

———-

"Romeo what's wrong?." Maddison asked as she arrived at home after being out for the day baby shopping. She could see from a mile off that he was in a foul mood.

"Has Sera contacted you...

"No... and why would she, she wanted to have her peace and her space... She had things to work through and you know that...

" I don't know, something just doesn't feel right to me... I've got a very horrible feeling that something has gone wrong it's a feeling that I can't shake I have to talk to her.."

"Go to her place.. If all of this is bothering you so much then maybe you need to come clean and tell her the truth... You can't keep lying to her... Maybe it will be as simple as just getting a DNA test to satisfy both of your minds... she is a reasonable person I'm sure if you sat down and had a conversation with her then...

he looked at her. "And how do I tell her about her mother...

"honesty is always the best policy Romeo and you know that..." she said, she stood in front of him and held both of his hands, she reached up on tip toe and kissed his lips. "Go and do it now before you drive yourself crazy..."