❀ 108

𝑨𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒊

𝑨𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒊

the stop watch never lies but that day it did

I sniffled as I pulled at the hem of my dress.

It's the day of the funeral.

I pulled my black shawl over my head then slipped on my heels.

I held tightly onto the railing as I made my way down the steps.

Mama smiled softly at me.

"mien liebe"

I walked into her arms and sobbed softly.

"nein nein, oma wouldn't want to see you like this" she said slapping my shoulder.

I pulled away and wiped away my tears.

Kraus women don't cry

She fixed my shawl then grabbed her purse.

"let's go"

I cleared my throat and followed her out.

When we got to the church I couldn't help but cringe at all the paparazzi outside.

"it's a fucking funeral for crying out loud" I said slamming the door shut.

I'm going to kick someone's ass

Just as I was about to grab one of the guys cameras, mama pulled me back.

"nein"

She shoved me into the church then had the security shut the doors.

We greeted the family that showed up then mama began the service.

I sat in the front row with dad and my siblings.

Sid held my hand as I leant my head on Leanna's shoulder. Hearing Tanya's silent sobs made me want to cry along, but I knew I couldn't.

Kraus women do not cry.

Laila held onto dad as mama lifted up oma's casket along with her cousins and uncles.

I closed my eyes not wanting to look.

"my mother was an amazing wife, grandmother and role model" she started.

"there was nothing more that she wanted from me than to start a family, so I did"

"on one dark night in London I gave birth to the apple of her eye, Amani. mama rushed to London dropping everything in sight, to come see her granddaughter"

Her voice cracked and I looked up.

"she really loved her granddaughter" she whimpered out covering her mouth.

Kraus women don't cry, but today they did.

I shot up and ran over pulling her into my arms. I let her cry into my shoulder as I rubbed her back.