All Or Nothing

Two Months Later

I was relived once I finally was discharged from the hospital. I couldn't deal with my mother being so close. As well as I hated seeing Bryce's face whenever he came to see me. Hearing the truth about my mom's past it hardly changed the way I see her. For all I know she could have been lying; it wouldn't surprise me if she was. When it came to her there was always more to the story than she was willing to tell.

She probably expected it to repair our broken relationship. But the damage was already done there wasn't anything left to repair. I appreciate her for telling me the truth, but it was time for me to move forward with my life. She tried desperately to get me back into the house. But nothing stuck for me to stay long. Today I would be free of her officially.

Today the ocean was the purest shade of blue stretching towards the horizon. Ripples flowing towards the shore eventually breaking into a white foam before it retreats back into the ocean. The smell of saltwater filled the air. The water was cooling against my bare feet. I've been out here everyday since I've been out of the hospital. It calmed me, besides I wasn't able to really go anywhere else.  Bryce wouldn't let me out of his sight. Not that I was complaining about it either.

I never asked about the details of Raymond. When I first asked Bryce about it he just simply said that he was on a permanent vacation. And I knew exactly what he meant by it. The bastard had it coming nevertheless. No one's heard a thing about Gwen. Bitch probably got scared and ran off alongside Terrell.

Without all the chaos that flooded Bryce and I emerged a new side of him. I've never seen him so relaxed and carefree before. He looked like he was coming to peace with his personal demons. And I couldn't be happier for him. 

A pair of arms wrapped around my waist, startling me. I crane my neck around to see Bryce nuzzling himself into the crook on my neck. A smile slowly appeared on my face when his lips began to kiss along my skin. I instantly relaxed into his warmth as I always did. It had became natural for me.

"Happy birthday Bambi,"

Yep, today was my eighteenth birthday. The day that the shackles are cut off and I could more forward with the one person I couldn't see myself without. The future was looking up for us and I wasn't about to let anyone else get in the way of that. 

"Thanks babe." I replied.

"How does it feel to be finally legal?" he asked spinning me around in his arms. 

I shrugged. "That doesn't matter to me. As long as I got you, I'm good."

"You're something else Shay." He smiled down at me before scooping in for a quick kiss. "I have something for you."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "You do?"

He nodded. "I know you said you didn't want any presents but what kind of man would I be if I didn't get my girl anything for her birthday? Now come on."

Well said Bryce.

Pulling away from our embrace to only grasp my hand. I followed behind him towards the massive garage. Before we entered the garage Bryce turned and looked at me. "You're gonna have to close your eyes." he stated.  

 I raised an eyebrow at him. "And why's that?"

He rolled his eyes. "Save your sass until after you see what I got you."

"Fine." I signed closing my eyes. Bryce kept my hand firmly in his. There was a bit of shuffling on his part. Bryce had always been the type of guy to be full of surprises. As much I hated surprises I was growing to like them with him. He always kept me on my toes, never a dull moment.