Show Me What I'm Looking For

You can do this.

Breathe, don't forget to breathe.

Press on the gas..slowly slowly slowly.

Okay you got this.

What's that brown thing in the road....

Squirrel!

Brake Brake Brake!!!!

Mother of God Brakes!!!!

"Shit shit shit!" I exclaimed turning the steering wheel sharply to the right but completely crashing into a giant tree. Defeated, I smashed my head against the steering wheel. How could I be so ablist not to notice the damn squirrel running across the road. The neon blue lights flashed across the screen, blinking repeatedly the words 'You lose'. Fudge.

I heard the light laughter behind me making me glare at whoever was laughing at me. Bryce crossed he's arms across he's chest as he propped he's feet up against the coffee table admiring my failure. Him, Ant and Jay crowded around the fold-able with playing cards in their hands.

"Did she crash again?" Jay asked mindlessly placing down a card onto the table.

"This is bullshit! How am I suppose to learn anything from a video game Bryce?" I raised up and walked over to him, who I may add, still had that sly smirk on he's face.

As he picked up an extra card from the side deck he said; "If you can't even drive in a simple game of Need For Speed, what makes you think you're ready to drive a real car?" teasingly he patted down on my head like a dog.

"I've never been good a video games," I mutter. Actually, in all truth, this was my first time playing a video game. My mom didn't allow video games in the house. She said they will drain me of my intelligence. Yeah, okay. Though, I wasn't acknowledged that video games has virtual squirrels in them.

Ant threw he's deck onto the table while he turned and smiled almost in a pitiful way. "I'm out." he stood. "I'll watch you this time. Hopefully this will help." he laughed.

"I don't need your help." I grumbled feeling a mix between embarrassed and shameful.

Ant patted my shoulder lightly before turning the both of us back over to the video game. It was one of those video games that you typically find in arcades. With the hard cold racers seat and the mid-size steering wheel. The whole shebang.

I slipped back into the seat and prepared myself for more humiliation. Ant stood silently behind the seat. Even though I should see him, I could feel is he's smile full of pure glee. With a deep breath I pressed the 'start' button. A verity of different cars popped up on the screen. The last 15 times I've played I always choose the car with the girl in it. Had to stands up for woman's rights! Just as I was about to select the vehicle, Ant spoke up.

"Nah pick the 350z."

"Which one is that?" I replied clueless.

"The silver one." Ant's voice was full of amusement.

I selected the car and gripped the rubber-like material on the steering wheel. "Why do you guys keep taking pleasure on making fun of me." I'll show you and your friend too!

Ant laughed. "Its not like that Shay." he paused. "Guess it's just we've never had someone around that knew close to nothing about our lifestyle. But I can only speak for myself."

Guess it made sense, right? The countdown began and I pressed down on to the gas pedal. "Don't lay on the gas. Just pump it, it gives you more control when the car pulls off." The sound of he's voice sent chills down my spine. The way the words crawled off he's lips, so smoothly, so calmly. I knew, that Bryce must have taken Ant's position. Cause he is the only person that makes me feel the way I do.