You Say You A Gangsta

Bryce.

I was completely frustrated and utterly exhausted. Running my hands over my face I took in a deep breath. Shit was getting serious and it was cracking down all on me now. Raymond knows exactly how to play his cards right. Just as I think I'm getting the upper hand in this situation everything takes full circle. But I was determined as ever to ruin this man, blood or not. I glanced down at the plane tickets in my hands and sadness welled up inside me. 

The more you try and keep her out of the dark with this the more you're going to put her in danger.

Even though I hated to admit it, Gwen was right. Shay has become my right hand, my voice of reason, my love and everything I can imagine all wrapped up in one. Though, Shay hasn't been though a quarter of the bullshit myself and the boys have been though in the last couple of years. Shay was the innocent one, maybe that was why I was so drawn to her from the beginning. Just seeing someone who didn't have a utter clue about the life I had slowly trapped myself in, was just beyond comforting. She was my clean slate.

I vowed to myself that I would do anything and everything to protect Shay, even if that meant staying away from her. Or in this case, shipping her out of the country for a couple of weeks. The lines have been drawn and the war flags were flying. I don't want to get Shay mixed up into my bullshit more than I already have. I just can't bare the thought of losing her over something that I was involved in.

Walking back into my office I stuffed the airline tickets into the top drawer. My stomach rumbled and I groaned realizing I haven't eaten probably in the last 24 hours. Walking into the kitchen, I tried my best to not think about the bullshit. Glancing over my shoulder at the clock on the far wall I knew it was still too early for anyone to be up right now.  A figure stood in the middle of the kitchen holding a glass of orange juice.

I smiled to myself as I approached her from behind. Wrapping my arms around her slender waist I kissed her neck. Which scored a squeal out of Shay. I chuckled and allowed her to turn around still in my arms. Her face was emotionless as she removed herself from me.

"Good morning to you too then." I teased and opened the refrigerator and grabbing some milk.

"Mhm," she replied pressing the glass to her lips.

Reaching up I grabbed the Cinnamon Toast Crunch box from the pantry. Turning around I frowned down at Shay. She was now sitting on one of the stool across the island. Her whole body language was turned off to me, and I didn't have a clue why.

"Are you mad at me or something?" I asked pouring the cereal into a large bowl.

Keeping her glare away from mine she shook her head no. "Nope." she said popping the 'p'. She finished the rest of her orange juice and placed the glass on the counter top. This time she looked me dead in the eye. "Just tried of the same bullshit."

And with that she left leaving me in the kitchen, completely bewildered.

Shay. - One Week Later-

I laid on my back watching the ceiling fan go around and around and around again. Earlier, I counted how many times it rounded about, but it's kind of hard to tell when you don't know where it starts and begins. I haven't talked or seen Bryce since our little encounter last week. Besides occasionally seeing him in school and the 101 missed calls and text messages he's left me, no constant at all. Well at least on my part. As of right now I was staying with Jade and her family. Since I wasn't welcome in my own house and couldn't stay at Bryce's. 

I just needed my space from everything. Just for once I just wanted everything to go back to normal. I wanted to be the quiet girl in school that nobody didn't even spare a second glance. I wanted Bryce to be some normal high school boy and we have a normal high school relationship. But, that wasn't going to happen. I was far too deeply involved with everything and there has been plenty of opportunities for me to get out when I had the chance. But I didn't want to.