Fire In The Water

Two Weeks Later

The sun beamed down on me, warming my cool skin underneath it's rays. The wind whips around me the smelled of sea water and other earthy essences invading me. The sweet sound of Erykah Badu playing softly in my ears. I readjusted my sunglasses on my face and turned in my lounge chair. Rio De Janerio was such a beautiful place I just wish I didn't have to come here on such harsh circumstances. Every fiber of my being knew this was wrong beyond relief, but I also felt like something just wasn't...right. Bryce would call in every now and again, not as much as I would like though. Each time I did speak to him, he always seemed uneasy and tense.

That worried me even more.

Although, I was trying to make the best of what I had right now. I had all the wonders of Rio at my fingertips and my best friend along the side of me. But why do I feel so defenseless? A cool hand pressed against my bare back causing my to jump upright.

My eyes met with lively green ones. Jay seemed amused by my reaction. "I'm glad you take amusement in scaring me half to death." I said yanking out of my earbuds.

His eyes softened. "It's not my fault you were incoherent Princess." he argued. "I called your name five times."

"I couldn't hear you." I hold up my headphones to emphasize my point.

"I see that now." he stretches his long body across the lounge chair beside me. Propping his arms up behind his head. "So what are we doing to do tonight?"

I groan knowing where this was probably going. Over the past week all of Jay's tactics consisted of drinking till we forgot our names (mainly Jay), stuffing our faces with delicious foreign treats, and going to the beach. It's funny, even though we're millions of miles away from home, trouble still seems to find a way to find us. Or maybe we're the trouble to begin with. Already we had came into contact with the Brazilian policemen, twice. One of those times they tried to arrest Jay for streaking in the middle of the street. And the second was because he tried hitting on a female policemen while he was drunk off his ass. 

"How about we keep it low profile today, hm?" I smile. "Oh! How about we go shopping?!"

Jay narrowed his eyes at me. "Sometimes I really think you get me confused for a girl or your gay best friend. I'm not going to keep taking this verbal abuse!"

I laughed lightly as I sat back into the chair. "You're neither."

"No shit." he rolled his eyes. Then suddenly his eyes shifted over behind me causing my turn in my seat to see what he was looking at. Two beautiful Brazilian bombshells were smiling flirtatiously in Jay's direction. Any female would be envious of their natural golden skin and bodies to die for. One was even bold even to wave at him. "How about you make it up to me and be my wingman? You get the one with the short hair, I'll take the brunette."

Jay rubbed his hands together excitedly. "I can see from all the way over here she got back dimples."

I smack his exposed skin causing him to laugh hysterically. "What? I have preferences. You can't blame a man for liking back dimples. Don't knock it till you try it!"

"I'm not into woman you dumbass!" I exclaimed making a few people turn around and stare at us.

A sly smirk appeared on his face. "Like I said," he winked over at the girls. "don't knock it till you try it."

I groan. "You're unbelievable. Besides, you know damn well Chanel will donkey kick your ass if she found out you was fooling around on her."

Jay's eyes flashed with hurt but just as quickly as it appeared it vanished. "Who says I would cheat on her? Yeah I'm a flirt but that's when I'm single. I love beautiful woman and those same beautiful woman love me just as much. But when I'm commit, I'm monogamous. I stay down for my lady. All them other hoes don't mean shit to me." Jay informed. "Chanel and I are still working on things, nothing has been confirmed yet. We want to make sure everything clear so we wouldn't have to go through the same shit we did in the past. Besides our feelings for each other but being a couple again? That one still in the air at this point."