Life After Dark

Life After Dark.

The week came and went and soon enough Friday was already here. Why does all the things you don't look forward to come so fast but when you do look forward to something it takes forever to get there? That's why I'm standing outside of Jade's house. Jade face popped out through the doorframe and she groaned. "You gotta be kidding me Shay! You're going to wear that?" she exclaimed pointing down to my outfit.

"I said wear somethign cute!" I looked down at my outfit, and I thought what I was wearing was cute. I wore a pair of dark jeans, a lace top, and some sneakers. Comfy and cute. But then again, I've never been to a street race and I had no idea what to expect.

"Come on, I've got the perfect thing for you." Jade grabbed me and lead me upstairs towards her bedroom. She sat me down on the bed as she raced into her closet and to grab whatever she was looking for. I signed and leaned back on the pile of pillows.

Jade returned with a handful of clothes my eyes widened. This girl was crazy. I then noticed her outfit. matte black leggings that hugged each of her curves, an American flag bandeau, a red blazer and some combat boots. Her usually curly hair was straight to the T that flowed down her back. She looked bad as hell.

"Here put these on,"

I groaned and took the clothes out of her hands and headed into the bathroom. I stripped from my clothes and began pulling on the clothes that Jade picked out for me. Once I got finished putting on the clothes I looked at myself in the mirror. I wore a pair of high waisted dark blue jeans, a black RUN DMC crop top that clung to my body exposing most of my stomach and a camouflage oversized jacket. This wasn't something I usually would wear, but I was kind of liking it.

"Are you finished?" Jade called from outside the bathroom door. "Well you better be cause I'm coming in!"

Jade burst through the door and then froze. A small smile formed on her lips as she crossed her arms across her chest. "Well don't you look bad to the bone!"

I laughed. "What shoes do I wear?"

"You can borrow my Timbs." Jade said and coming over to me. "Now sit there while I go get my make-up bag and curling wand."

I shook my head. Tonight was already looking like a night I wasn't going to forget.

****

"Jade-" I took in the scene in front of me. There were a bunch of unnamed cars that I didn't know two shits about, females infesting the area wearing almost nothing but bras and panties. Then there were guys leaning against their vechiles showing off their pride and joy. There were a lot of guys I've never seen before here and some of them were pretty damn cute too. "-I don't think this a good idea." I whined.

So what if I was chickening out? Jade rolled her eyes at me. "Oh stop being a baby Shay! Loosen up!" she smiled at me. "Hey look there's my cousin, let's go over there."

Cousin? Before I had time to wrap my mind around anything, Jade had already pulled me in the direction of whoever her cousin was. We stopped in front of a black car that was fixed up pretty damn nicely. I looked over and saw a dark skinned boy with a top fade smiling up at bunch of girls. I could see he had a nice smile though. I then noticed he went to our school.

"Tyke!" Jade exclaimed and practically pushed all those females out of the way to hug the one called Tyke. All the girls sucked their teeth and walked away. I had to laugh at that.

Tyke just laughed as he hugged her back. "What you doing here Jay? I thought this wasn't your scene?" he raised an eyebrow at her in amusement.

Jade shurgged. "I can change my mind, right?" she smiled and then looked over towards me. "Tyke, this is my friend Shay, Shay this is my cousin Trevon but around here people call him Tyke." she announced us.