Definition of A Rider

When I woke up, I wasn't wrapped up in the warm, tranquilizing, too comforting sheets. Instead I was buried in the simple patterned cotton sheets of my own bed. I sat up instantly, wondering how in the hell get back home. I looked over to the clock and cursed under my breath realizing I was going to be late for school. Quickly taking a shower and dressing in some ripped skinny jeans, my black Dr. Martens, and a simple red and black t-shirt. I pulled my hair up into a oh-so-I-don't-even-care-messy bun. Grabbing my shoulder bag, I raced towards the front door. 

Once I hit the warm muggy California air, for the second time today what I expected to be there..wasn't there. The usual blue Lamborghini wasn't parked perfectly in my driveway with a patiently waiting Bryce. Instead it was replaced with the emptiness of my driveway. Disappointment and a little bit of worry flooded me. But I soon brushed it off. I nearly had to run to make it to school on time. By the time I came into my first period class I was probably looking like a hot yellow glazed doughnut.

Jade was sitting in her usual spot, filing down her nails. She looked up and smiled at me when I sat down beside her. "What have you been doing this morning?" she teased eyeing me. "You and Bryce got at it again?"

I huffed. "Don't...even...start." I said breathlessly.

Jade raised her hands up in defense. "I was just asking that's all." she giggled. 

I frowned and looked away from Jade. Ever since Gwen showed up Jade and I haven't been seeing much of each other as much as we used to. Hell when I first got here it was just me and her. The thickest thieves out there. But now it was she pushed me back on the back burning because her former best friend was back in the picture. Then again, I'm used to being pushed away.

The late bell rang then, and just when Mr. Tyler was about to close the door, Jay's happy little face popped into the classroom. "Mr. Lewis you're late." Mr. Tyler's booming voice said.

Jay just shrugged. "Actually, if we gonna get technical, the late bell was ringing as I came in so therefore I'm not late. I was walking as the bell was ringing not after."

I rolled my eyes at Jay's idiotic ways. "Alright smartass just take a seat before I write you a detention slip."

Jay turned and headed towards Jade and I. Jay flopped down in the seat beside me. I noticed then a small bruise on his jawline. It looked fresh almost. I also noticed that Jay came to school with nothing but a notebook and a pen. What the hell? Where's his books!

"Where is Bryce?" I whispered over to Jay.

Jay fake pouted. "Well damn I can't even get a hi? Hello? Good morning?" he smirked. "I see somebody got the d put on them."

My face quickly reddened remembering the incident Jay and the others walked in on. "Jay!" I exclaimed punching him in the arm.

"Hey! It ain't my fault you all hyped off Bryce's pipe game!" he chuckled.

"He's right!" Jade chimed in.

I narrowed my eyes at both of them. "Fuck you and fuck you."

Jade just laughed as a mischievous grin spread across Jay's face. "As much as I would love for you to f-.."

I gasped and hit him, again. "You're so fucking nasty!"

He laughed in return. "You love me!"

I signed. It was true, unfortunately, I do love Jay. He's one of my best friends out of the crew. Unfortunately, I can't say the same thing about little miss friend hopper over there. He's always there to put a smile on my face. "Yeah yeah. Now back to the matter at hands. Where's Bryce?"