Holding You Down

Bryce's POV

 "You were the one who tried to burn it." I said through clenched teeth.

She shrugged. "And I would have finished the job too if Marcus's stupid little friend didn't nearly catch me in the act." a wickedly smile appeared on her face. In that sense, she didn't look like my little sister who I loved and protected with my life. No, I saw my mother. The gold-digging whore who was too busy laying on her back and worried about which Gucci bag to buy to care. "You see Bryce, I've known for quite awhile. I have my own plans for my vengeance and no one's going to stand in my way. Even my own family." her eyes flashed with pure on fire.

"What the fuck is your problem! This isn't even your fucking business. You've been here for less than three weeks and you already starting shit?!" Oh I was beyond pissed now. My body was quivering with pure on anger. I couldn't believe that Katrina would do this to me. To our family.

"Don't act like you give a damn! Where the fuck where you and Marcus when they took me away?! Huh?! Nowhere! That's what I thought! I've been gone for 6 years! And not one phone call, postcard, e-mail, nothing! You didn't give a damn about me! So don't start acting like we're this big happy family now!"

"Hold up Katrina, you're over stepping your boundaries now." Marcus cut in. 

"Fuck you Marcus!" Katrina spat at him.

"Katrina," I sighed trying to calm myself down. "You should know as well as anybody that I did everything to help. They wouldn't let me take you because I wasn't over the legal age and you were still in the custody of mom. You said it yourself there wasn't anything I could do." I grounded out through my teeth before I looked up at Katrina. Who was now sporting tear streaks down her butterscotch cheeks. "So don't hold me to something that I had no control over."

"How else am I suppose to feel? Huh!" she cried. "Everyone I've ever loved just up and left me! Nobody every took a second to think about me and how I felt!"

"Do you hear yourself?" I scoffed. "You need to wake up and splash some reality in your face because it's not always about you Rina! We all had to deal with it! I didn't have anybody either! They just stuck me with the closest relative because our no good mother didn't want me! How about that!"

Her eyes went wide. "W-What? She told me you didn't want nothing to do with her and I."

I clenched my jaw. "Well she lied, one of her many talents."

Katrina's bottom lip began to quiver and not soon after soft sobs were erupting from her. Endless tears rolled down her cheeks and I couldn't help but feel the least sad. She slumped down in the chair next to Marcus, covering her face with her hands. Marcus reached over to comfort her, something I haven't seen him do since we were kids. "I-I-I didn't know. You gotta believe me Bryce! If I knew I wouldn't-"

"It was out of your control Rina. Mom wanted you to hate me so she could easily manipulate you." I sighed. "Which she succeed. But next time come to me befor you start plotting against me."

Katrina just continued to cry. Ever so often murmuring quiet 'I'm sorry's'. "Did you at least see the results?" Marcus asked.

She shook her head. "I just saw that it was the paternity test on Bryce and burned it. That's all I did."

Useless. Just fucking useless.

I stood up from my chair and didn't even bother telling them where I was going. I left the room without another word. It's like the more I go looking the more I get burned by this family. Lately, everything I've known was just a big fat ass lie that I was born into. Everything was just a fucking mess, and I didn't have a clue how to fix it.