What Does Your Heart Beat For?

Bryce POV

Fuck me.

I couldn't believe I had did it, like really did it this time. I mother fucking kissed Bambi. Yes, I've dreamt about it in the past couple of weeks but never did I think my fantasy and reality would collide. And shit, did I wanna do it over and over again. I tried not to smile down at the girl beside me. Aimlessly, she was staring out the window as we sped through the city. Fuck, she was so damn...perfect? Yeah let's go for perfect. She was like a ray of sunshine. You know when you get the warm feeling all over when the sun directly hits you? That's exactly what happens when I'm around Bambi. She just makes me feel different.

Now I sound like a female, great. This girl is stripping all of my man cards from me I swear.

My mind drifted back to the phone call from earlier. My uncle, Raymond, is one of the biggest drug lords in the state of California. He gave the term mobster a whole new meaning. Ever since I could remember my uncle would always try and get my dad wrapped up in the game. Ever so often when the shop was slowing down he would do small side job, or at least that's what he told my mom.

With my dad gone, and my uncle having all girls, he wants me to take over the "family business". I wanted no part of it. I had my own way of making money without it making me feel disgusted with myself. Every chance he gets he trying to sell me on joining him, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

My eyes snapped over to Bambi who was slightly humming to the music playing. Her wavy chestnut blonde hair blew in multiple directions around her. Almost creating a halo affect around her. Usually she would be wearing some make-up, but today she was going all natural. And it suited her, she didn't need all the extra stuff. She is too beautiful.

Bambi was becoming the most important thing in my life right now, and that scared me. I craved to be around her, to have her affection. Even if it was a meaningless argument, I enjoyed it. She is completely oblivious of her affect on me and it made me envy her even more. 

I wanted to show her the real me, something I haven't show in a long time. I wanted to be an actually good guy for her. Meeting Bambi only gave me a better reason not to join the 58 Street Demons. She was the reason for everything now and days.

"Hey Bryce?" her warm honey-like voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

She brushed the fly way hairs from her flawless face. "When am I going to be able to drive?" she smirked at me. "You know since I'm apart of the crew now." she said in a mocking voice.

I narrowed my eyes at her. I loved to hate when she tested me. "I think you should stick with go-karts for awhile Bambi." I said truthfully.

Shay huffed crossing her arms. "That's not fair. Everyone has their own car and they get to race! I wanna be apart of the fun too. Not just the sideline groupie."

I chuckled. "You're not the sideline groupie," I paused. "You're more like the cute little mascot."

Shay wasted no time and punching my arm. I couldn't but help but laugh harder at her with her little baby fists. "I'm only joking Bambi! Chill! You need to learn the terms of joking and being serious." I noted.

Shay rolled her eyes. "Well it's kind of hard when you always got that damn serial killer face on."

"I do not."

"Do too."

"Do not."

"Do too!"

I slammed on the brakes almost making Shay fly through the windshield. She gripped on the seat for dear life reminding me of the first time she was in my car. "Are you done?" I asked as I started driving down the road again.